BMW i-pod connection.

Drd

My daughters boyfriend has just bought a 1 series coupe.She has bought him an i-pod for his birthday and has asked me to find a connection lead,having told me it's a 'medium sized' socket in the car!!!!

Can anyone be a little more precise than this please,as I cannot get near the car.

TIA.

gg13533

Any BMW dealership should be able to supply the cable adapter. It is around £40 and enables the ipod to be controlled from the steering wheel as well as charges the ipod.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
If its a new bmw it may well already have an aux input, a 3.5 mini jack.

My 2007 Z4 has it as standard.

Razor

Any BMW dealership should be able to supply the cable adapter. It is around £40 and enables the ipod to be controlled from the steering wheel as well as charges the ipod.
As long as you have a usb point in the car otherwise its £400 for the usb socket. Or you could get a Dension unit which will do the same and more for approx £100 less.

Drd

Thanks folks,I think I'll start with a standard 3.5mm lead,99p is a more sensible price if it's wrong!

Adam_uk

my old 1 series, the 5 door normal version -56 plate, had the 3.5 jack under the arm rest

Drd

Thanks,but I've already blown 99p on fleabay:)

dr no

My wifes' 1 series has an Aux. under the front armrest.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom