• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

bmw convertibles - whens the best time to buy?

furgy

Standard Member
Hi

Obviously the best time to buy is in winter, when theres nothing but snow to be seen, but around this time when the suns out and summer is near do the prices get increased a lot??

I'm looking at convertible 2008 320d's on autotrader and theyre around 13-14k, with the cheapest being about 12k. was wondering if anybody has purchased one or similar recently, and how much they paid...and would i be better off waiting until closer to winter time? would there be a big price drop?

thanks

furgy

Standard Member
thanks for the reply - with regards to whether its really true or not, i have no idea! it makes sense, however i guess there are a lot of other factors taken into account.

in terms of waiting, it depends if A is true or not! i wouldnt mind waiting if it made a difference close to around £1000, as im planning on keeping the car for a good few years anyway

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I don't know, but I doubt there's much seasonal variation in prices these days of well-sealed electrically operated hoods. Not like the good old days when I had to clear the snow of the Sprite & then clear the snow off the seats...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom