Question Blustream IP MULTICAST UHD

edd666999

Has anyone used this system?

Do I need the control module to control the system via mobile app?

Are there any other brands doing a similar thing?

Where has Aclass technology gone? Their account seems to have been killed...

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have a look at our Octava Pro DSX - we have Residential and Commercial packages available.

Control wise you can use Routed IR, the inbuilt webpages or pretty much any Third Party App - we often use/integrate iRule and or Crestron on our installs - lots of options to integrate your Sources, Amp etc into the control layer too.

See - PRO DSX 4K UHD over LAN - Video Matrix Switch . Video Wall Processor

Joe

edd666999

Have a look at our Octava Pro DSX - we have Residential and Commercial packages available.

Control wise you can use Routed IR, the inbuilt webpages or pretty much any Third Party App - we often use/integrate iRule and or Crestron on our installs - lots of options to integrate your Sources, Amp etc into the control layer too.

See - PRO DSX 4K UHD over LAN - Video Matrix Switch . Video Wall Processor

Joe

Are they the same specs as the bluestream?

• Supports output 4K UHD video up to 100m (3840 x 2160 @30Hz 4:4:4, 4096 x 2160 @24Hz 4:4:4, and 4K @30Hz 4:2:0)
I'm thinking a 2 tx and 3 Rx system at the moment, I already have a Poe managed switch.

Is the 2nd rj45 on the Rx just for connecting multiple RX's together or can it be used as a network port?

Is mutli channel audio sent to the TV too? If I wanted to use optical out on the TV to say a multichannel sound bar?

Seems a cheaper way to go about this over a 4x4 4k matrix that supports everything this does.

Thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Pro DSX supports the formats you ask about - you can set individual Zone Receivers to down convert UHD_ to HD where required.

You can send multi-channel audio over the system - though all Zones would have to support the format you are Outputting or else you add in a device which can down convert at individual Zones.

Mosts TV's only support 2.0 via HDMI so you will have to be careful with your Soundbar connectivity - you may want to consider a Soundbar with ARC or Optical Input (for TV audio) and connect the RX direct to the Soundbar.

The RJ45 on the RX is normally used to allow you to either 'cascade' multiple Zone Receivers (up to 4 max) or to send IP commands to a connected device (such as a Projector) - whilst it could be configured as an additional Network port it is not a configuration we normally recommend.

Not sure about the relative costs vs. a fixed size Matrix - the system makes most sense in terms of its Feature set (down conversion of UHD etc) and also on larger systems.

Drop me a note if you want additional info.

Joe

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom