• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blurry night time scenes

spaced

Standard Member
I have an LG plasma and LG DVD player. when I watch DVDs and I'm watching a film which has a night shot or a part which is in the dark/night, when the characters move or the camera pans, the image becomes blurry. When it's a normal day time scene its perfectly fine.

Only happens when I watch a DVD and not when I'm watching tv/virgin media/gaming

What could this be and how can I resolve it?

Last edited:

Tolak

Standard Member
As a guess, if similar pictures display on the TV OK, then the TV may not be at issue.
If it only happens when viewing DVDs on the player, then perhaps the player is doing some processing to "sharpen" the picture, which is ending up with some retention of the change for high contrast changes (ie from white to black).
Look at the menus within your DVD player, and see if you have any processes that can be disabled.

If this does not resolve things, find a friend with similar tastes, and try out your DVD player on his screen, and his DVD player on your screen, and see if the problem stays with the screen or the player. Be sure to use the same test DVD for all tests.

And if there are no benefits from this investigation, and it stays with your screen, then you may have to start looking at the settings on your screen, to reduce the processing, etc, and restore the image to the basic "DVD image" and not the "post processed image" that has the smearing.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom