Blurry movement on new 4k QLED TV (no matter what settings are changed)

iyiyi

Novice Member
I decided to pay up (for me) and get a model Q70A 65" Samsung Qled TV. I am using it with a 4k Apple TV.
Across the board, the picture on this new tv is worse than any of my older Samsung TVs (all 1080 and about 7 or 8 years old). I'm really confused.
I've read tons of articles watched lots of videos and changed every possible setting with no real results.

The main issue is that any movement at all when watching a movie or show seems blurry. This happens whether motion/clarity control settings are on or off.
I'm using high speed certified HDMI cables. This blurriness happens when using the Apple TV or the smart tv apps.

On my low quality, old Samsung tv, everything is clear and sharp when things or people move on screen.

Is this just something with 4K or QLED I have to get used to, could there be settings I am missing, or do I have a faulty TV?

I also noticed that on dark scenes or transisitions the backlighting looks like big splotchy areas across the screen. Is that normal? I believe this is an edge lit screen so that seems weird.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Last edited:

Nutty667

Can you video the blurry picture and post it here? It's hard to know whether it's really a fault or a settings issue from the description.

Rev007

I decided to pay up (for me) and get a model Q70A 65" Samsung Qled TV. I am using it with a 4k Apple TV.
Across the board, the picture on this new tv is worse than any of my older Samsung TVs (all 1080 and about 7 or 8 years old). I'm really confused.
I've read tons of articles watched lots of videos and changed every possible setting with no real results.

The main issue is that any movement at all when watching a movie or show seems blurry. This happens whether motion/clarity control settings are on or off.
I'm using high speed certified HDMI cables. This blurriness happens when using the Apple TV or the smart tv apps.

On my low quality, old Samsung tv, everything is clear and sharp when things or people move on screen.

Is this just something with 4K or QLED I have to get used to, could there be settings I am missing, or do I have a faulty TV?

I also noticed that on dark scenes or transisitions the backlighting looks like big splotchy areas across the screen. Is that normal? I believe this is an edge lit screen so that seems weird.

Appreciate any thoughts!
If it is the bad stutter that the 2020 qleds suffered from for last 18 months there is now a fix .the update may also work for this tv.try messing with the contrast enhancement. Put it on low .so the screen does not highlight the bright areas.also turn brightness down to low 30s.have all eco settings off and turn clarity motion off .might help you out

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom