Bluray with built in dts hd decoders

munim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i need some advice if you get a blurayplayer with built in hd audio decoders via 5.1 analouge inputs can you connect to a amp with 5.1 direct input and will you be getting true hd and dts hd audio or do you have to have hdmi on your amp, Please someone let me know thanx

Hi i need some advice if you get a blurayplayer with built in hd audio decoders via 5.1 analouge inputs can you connect to a amp with 5.1 direct input and will you be getting true hd and dts hd audio or do you have to have hdmi on your amp, Please someone let me know thanx

Yes :thumbsup: your get TrueHD and DTS-MA. :)
All the best.

It depends on what make & model you get, because some of them only send decoded DTS HD MA through HDMI. I've got a Panasonic BD80 & it sends DTS-HD MA through analogue & HDMI no probs.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
guys thanx for the advice, now which is the best blurayplayer to get with onboard hd sound decoder (midrange) that has analouge inputs:thumbsup:

guys thanx for the advice, now which is the best blurayplayer to get with onboard hd sound decoder (midrange) that has analouge inputs:thumbsup:

What would be your budget? :)

You can still pick up a Pioneer 51FD for under £300 which now has DTS-HD MA decoding with the latest firmware. The replacement model doesn't have the 7.1 analogue output.

Pioneer BDP51FD : MultiRegion - £295

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom