• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluray update

andyc123

Standard Member
Hi, I am trying to update my Philips bluray bdp3000/05 and I am having to do this via the USB. I have found and downloaded the new software and gone through the process via the bluray set up, to try and upload it, with no success.

I keep getting the error message "No valid upgrade software found" please insert the correct software.

It is becoming very close to being a new frisby, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BarryTheSprout

Established Member
How is the USB device formatted? Not all Bluray players can read NTFS so it needs to be FAT32.

What else is on the USB device? Usually firmware upgrades need to be sitting on their own in the root folder and not a sub folder.

andyc123

Standard Member
hi, really appreciate the help, not overly techy, so I am sure I am saving the file incorrectly.

I have downloaded the software from the support site, which sits on the uSB device as a compressed file, do I need to do this a different way?

thanks again

BarryTheSprout

Established Member
I expect you need to extract the files from that zip and then leave those files loose in the root of the USB flash drive.

When I say "root" I mean as loose files with no folders.

Edit: adding more details.

If you RIGHT CLICK on the package you have downloaded you should see a menu option of EXTRACT TO.... Select that option then point to the flash drive using the BROWSE... button. Then follow the wizard to extract the files.

If this makes a folder, then I expect you need to move the files out of the folder and leave them loose in the root of the USB flash drive.

Last edited:

andyc123

Standard Member
For some reason it just doesn't want to find the software, I have tried all the above but seem to get the same "no valid software found" message no matter what I try.

I have tried the extraction process and I can see the files on the USB, but just cannot get the files to read through the upgrade menu on the player.

BarryTheSprout

Established Member
This one I guess?

Philips - Blu-ray Disc player BDP3000/05 - Blu-ray players - Home video - Sound and vision

First question - why don't you just connect it up to your broadband? Can you sling a cable across temporarily? (No firmware updates via wireless). If you connect to the router, then it will do all the hard work for you.

USB method - checking the manual, it is not clear what USB devices they do and don't support. What size is your USB stick? Have you got a different one you can try (older\smaller one?)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As they always say.... RTFM!! Page 21 to be precise. It says you need to put those firmware files into a folder called "UPG" in the root of the USB flash drive. Then insert it into the USB socket at the back of the player.

(Manual available as PDF at above link if you have lost your paper copy. It would have been nice if they had included a readme.txt in that zip file to say that...)

Last edited:

andyc123

Standard Member
hi thanks again, i have seen the UPG file, so will try that one first, alternatively will try hooking up to the router. For some reason all the sticks seem to have vanished and this 128mb is all I can find.

will give all that a try, keep it crossed!!!

BarryTheSprout

Established Member
An old 128MB is going to be your best bet here. More chance it will work than a new 32GB stick.

Make a folder called UPG with those two bin files in.

Stick it in the back. Try again.

If still not finding it, restart the box and try again.

If still not, temporarily lash it to an Ethernet cable dragged across the house. (And if there is a Misses around, just make sure she is down the shops when you get all the cables out... :D)

BarryTheSprout

Established Member
Hang on. I am wondering about language here.

When you open up Windows Explorer on your PC and look at the memory stick, then all you should see on the stick is a yellow folder called "UPG".

When you click into this UPG folder you then find "BDP300012-FUS-1142112.bin" and "BDP300012-FWF-1142112.bin"

For some odd reason, the actual contents of the zip file is in a UPG_ALL folder. But this is not waht the manual says you need. Manual clearly says UPG on page 21.

andyc123

Standard Member
Hi, resolved!!! took your advice and connected the unit to the router, from there it was very straight forward with an on screen menu. So now all updated, still doesn't like the discs even though they are region free, but that's another issue!!!! thanks for all your help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom