Bluray Steelbook 'General Discussion' thread

D

Deleted member 152499

Hi all,

I've been guilty of just talking generally about bluray steels over in the 'pics' thread, so thought I'd set up an area where all round, general discussion about all things Bluray Steelbooks can take place.

To kick things off, I'm going to be ordering Gladiator and Minority Report soon, from either Play.com or Amazon......quick question, which company uses the better packaging?? I wouldn't want to recieve either with dents/dings in them. What have people's experiences been like when ordering from these two?

Thanks in advance.
Lee.

Amazon would be the better choice. Received a damaged copy from Play once.

I've ordered my Gladiator earlier from Play because of the art cards. Don't think you get them with Amazon but I could be totally wrong.

I got Minority Report from Play and that came boxed and in perfect condition as did my Avatar set.

I've had a couple of steels from HMV and they came boxed and in perfect condition as well as dvd.co.uk.

I've got a couple on pre-order from Zavvi so I've yet to see how they deal with their steels. The first one will be The Green Zone.

Oh, almost forgot... I'm also waiting on Knowing to come over from Australia. Fingers crossed on that one.

OK guys, if I said I could get a MINT (not sealed) version of Inglourious Basterds, the FutureShop one with the Brad Pitt artwork (sure you know the one), for ~£35 inc delivery, do you reckon I should go for it?? Seems a decent price to me, and I prefer this artwork over the red one....

IMG_0327.JPG

OK guys, if I said I could get a MINT (not sealed) version of Inglourious Basterds, the FutureShop one with the Brad Pitt artwork (sure you know the one), for ~£35 inc delivery, do you reckon I should go for it?? Seems a decent price to me, and I prefer this artwork over the red one....

Good price that is mate, go for it:smashin:

I was going to start a new thread on general steelbook topics but I found this..... sorry to dig up a thread that is almost 5 years old :(

This week I went and opened most of my steelbooks. I was away and wanted to use my UV codes to watch a few movies while away. Unlike some I never redeemed any codes before hand.

So I will cut the story a little short.

My Kick ass 2 has the wrong code with it. It is for 1 and it seems to be an issue with them all. I got it fixed and the support people gave me an extra film. So I got Kick-ass 1, Kick-ass 2 and Oblivion.

My point is I now feel a bit short changed with my steelbooks. If I got the standard versions or the box sets I would have all UV codes for everything I have. I have codes for Taken 2, Taken 3 but I am missing Taken 1. The same applies for Hunger Games and The Expendables.

So why do you buy steelbooks ???? Do you care about the UV codes or extras ????

My only reason, they look good and do my favourite films justice. Apart from that it's just a strange obsession

Inglourious Basterds for £35 inc? I really hope that guy bought it...

And no, I couldn't care less about UV codes. Most of mine go in the bin or given away.

ive not been collecting steelbooks for long, got just over 50 in about 3 months, spent alot of money and paid over the odds on ebay a few times, even started getting mondos from canada, im addicted haha, does this wear off?

That's a negative Daz, you might slow down but you won't stop.
Spot on mate! [emoji38]
I've slowed down considerably but still can't stop altogether, doesn't help coming here and seeing such lovely goodies. [emoji39]

ive not been collecting steelbooks for long, got just over 50 in about 3 months, spent alot of money and paid over the odds on ebay a few times, even started getting mondos from canada, im addicted haha, does this wear off?

You'll slow down but it never stops. Dealing with Zavvi generally puts a dampner on things.

Can anyone recall if Zavvi Terminator Genisys steel was limited run? Have no interest in the title just to say. Was surprised to see the pre-order sold out, that only happens with Marvel or Pixar / Disney normally. Given the poor reviews and poor box office figures, it raises the question whether it is franchise fans or steelbook collectors that have snapped up the pre-orders...

Can anyone recall if Zavvi Terminator Genisys steel was limited run? Have no interest in the title just to say. Was surprised to see the pre-order sold out, that only happens with Marvel or Pixar / Disney normally. Given the poor reviews and poor box office figures, it raises the question whether it is franchise fans or steelbook collectors that have snapped up the pre-orders...
It was limited to 4,000 which is fairly standard. I think it is a mixture of the two who are purchasing it and as we all know 'SOLD OUT' on Zavvi is a subjective term. It will probably come back into stock closer to/at despatch and I wouldn't be surprised if it was around for quite a while after that.

Any news, gossip or rumours on a SB for Mission Impossible Rogue Nation?

Yeah, I know the film isn't out yet, but given the release schedule and narrow window of availability for pre-ordering limited edition SB's (already missed out on a couple that I didn't even know were being offered for pre-order) I'm trying to plan ahead :lesson:

Thanks,

Marco.

Yeah, I know the film isn't out yet, but given the release schedule and narrow window of availability for pre-ordering limited edition SB's (already missed out on a couple that I didn't even know were being offered for pre-order) I'm trying to plan ahead :lesson:

Thanks,

Marco.
Yep ;-)

I've just ordered the Amazon.de mad max fury road steelbook but was holding out for a UK release. I'm guessing that the fact that there is no news close to the release date on home video is a sign we aren't getting one?

I've just ordered the Amazon.de mad max fury road steelbook but was holding out for a UK release. I'm guessing that the fact that there is no news close to the release date on home video is a sign we aren't getting one?

I was suprised Zavvi hadn't jumped in on this and released all 4 Mad Max films as Steelbooks.

I don't quite understand why the UK misses out on certain steels.
Interstellar & Kingsman spring to mind for recent steelbooks that were available in Europe, USA etc but no UK release.
I am looking to get Mad Max Fury Road & San Andreas but still no sign of a UK release.
It surprises me that Zavvi who, IMHO, will release anything in a steelbook aren't all over these.
Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

Thanks,

Marco.

The steelbook is live now at Zavvi.
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Steelbook Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
Price is £22.99 but code ZVC5 will reduce to £21.84
Expensive for a 2D steel but it's Zavvi and beggars can't be choosers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom