Bluray player that also has coax (cable) connection?

Geowil

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any bluray players that have a coax connection in the back for cable (not audio).

I am thinking about buying one for my 40" TV downstairs but would like to run my cable, from the wall, through it then over to my TV, like you would normally do with a dvd/vhs player.

err really confused here. do you want to send video down a single coax? If so it ain't going to be HD...

err really confused here. do you want to send video down a single coax? If so it ain't going to be HD...

No, right now my setup is like this:

coax cable coming from the wall -> into dvd/vhs player -> out to TV

I am wondering if there is a BR player that I can substitute in for my old dvd/vhs player, I will run the cable coax to the bluray player then hdmi to the tv. That is my plan anyway.

Things have moved on I am afraid and a single coax is old hat, for HD (Blu ray) you need 3 for video and another for audio just to do standard basics (really need HDMI for the qulityit is capable of) ....without 'special' provision. One coax might do low quality VHS but HD, NO.

Last edited:
Things have moved on I am afraid and a single coax is old hat, for HD (Blu ray) you need 3 for video and another for audio just to do standard basics (really need HDMI for the qulityit is capable of) ....without 'special' provision. One coax might do low quality VHS but HD, NO.

Ok, maybe I miss typed something here.

The coax coming out of my wall is my Cox Cable service, currently that goes through my dvd/vhs player and into my TV via another coax.

What I am thinking of doing is this:

Cox service from the wall to the the bluray player via coax -> to the TV with hdmi cable.

With my current setup I can get local HD channels, so I do not see a problem on that end, plus I only have the extended service (no HD channels except for locals), I only want HD for movies and such.

But you are making it sound as if no bluray players will accept a SD cable connection at all?

why would a Blu ray player need to be connected to cable dervice from the wall? Just connect it to your display with an HDMI. You don't need to pass anything 'through it' and no player has that facility anyway.

why would a Blu ray player need to be connected to cable dervice from the wall? Just connect it to your display with an HDMI. You don't need to pass anything 'through it' and no player has that facility anyway.

Alright you win lol.

Maybe I am just being stubborn, but I was trying to preserve my current setup as far as cabling goes.

Coax in to dvd/vhs from wall (cable service) then coax out from dvd/vhs to my TV.

I guess I will just have to see how this setup will work being coax from wall to tv then hdmi from the player to the tv as well. (being a tech guy I am a cable management freak in case you have not guessed already x_X).

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance xD

Alright you win lol.

Maybe I am just being stubborn, but I was trying to preserve my current setup as far as cabling goes.

Coax in to dvd/vhs from wall (cable service) then coax out from dvd/vhs to my TV.

I guess I will just have to see how this setup will work being coax from wall to tv then hdmi from the player to the tv as well. (being a tech guy I am a cable management freak in case you have not guessed already x_X).

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance xD

Can you loop through HD channels through a SD device? Didn't think that was possible?

Can you loop through HD channels through a SD device? Didn't think that was possible?

It works, but I am not sure if there is some form of drawback, such as degraded video or audio but it seems fine to me at the moment, will have to see how it looks once I take my dvd/vhs player out of the loop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom