BluRay options for Arcam AVR350

Gordab

Established Member
Reaction score
Having purposefully dropped out of monitoring developments in AV (but kept on the good side of my good lady) for quite a while, she has now been persuaded of the "need" to upgrade my ageing Oppo DVD to BluRay, especially as it's playing up a bit when warm.

At this stage I know very little of the options available to pair with my receiver. Obviously I'd like the best possible sound quality from a new player but I'm aware of the age of my receiver and its limited connection options regards HDMI.

Can I ask assistance for the best route to connect BR to this receiver? I was initially looking at the Panasonic BD320 but with only dual analog outputs or optical available (the AVR won't pass through HDMI audio?) is there a better option or a way within this price range to give better audio quality or am I stuck?

Yeh, I was afraid of that. I was looking at the £200 region.

It's going to take some fast talking to get the budget up to £500 but the alternative (upgrade the receiver) is even more. I may have to make do with buying something like the Panasonic BDP320 and using optical for now until budget allows.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom