BluRay Failing In USA/North America!

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
...BluRay is sinking into the jaws of Oblivion! Based on info BadAss posted - and the Amazon sales ratings - it seems the Xbox 360 HD DVD addon drive is outselling the PS3 and every other BluRay player. Check the results:

Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive - postion #271 :smashin:

PlayStation 3 - position #365 :thumbsdow

...based on this info BluRay has merely hours - if not minutes to live - all BluRay owners please be aware that your machines will turn into bricks! :eek: Packetfront has dipped in here because his Sony player is bigger and heavier than the Samsung and Panasonic players so can be used more effectively as a door stop. However all must appreciate using BluRay players in this role does create a trip hazard so be sure to apply bright yellow tape to your machine. Thank you.

:cool: Sorry couldn't resist what with Packetfront's amusing posts lately :devil:

BadAss

Banned
:rotfl:

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
:clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S. I've heard from a trusted source that BR is going to be scrapped soon. ;)

P

Packetfront

Is this a joke or what?

Could you post some serious posts next time?

Pretty childish to be honest.

BadAss

Banned
This ones straight out of the Livdik handbook.:rotfl:

cicada78

Whatever happened to people discussing their equipment - problems, fixes, reports etc........?

Blu Ray vs Hd-dvd - no one knows yet......

Bluray delayed - hahahahaha

hd-dvd delayed - hahahaha

Sales figures.....yadadadadada

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Whatever happened to people discussing their equipment
Very good, point, However after just spending all day, (well 10am to 3pm) removing then reinstalling all my AV kit, :rolleyes: it did seem like a good idea at the time.... :D And the new rack looks :cool: This is a great bit of lighthearted fun. :clap:

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Quite right, the site should be renamed to AVArguments.com ;) :)
In a few years we'll probably all look back and laugh on how we debated whether one 12cm disc is better than another 12cm disc....

...or maybe well all still be here arguing the same points :eek:

BadAss

Banned
I swear Rasczak is trying to hit a post count of 10,000 by the end of 2006. :smashin:

jon smith

Is this a joke or what?

Could you post some serious posts next time?

Pretty childish to be honest.
Are these comments serious?

Considering the recent threads you've started I don't see how they can be?

PS3 has a sizeable lead over HD-DVD!!
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441386

and

People buy HD-DVD because it's cheap
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441146

and

HD-DVD losing in Japan
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441083

Timbo21

RS 4273

Novice Member
Finally the race is really on, as Sony has finally launched their BDP-S1 Blu-Ray player. This is the Blu-Ray player most people have been waiting for. After the disaster with the crooked Samsung player, the Panasonic and Philips players that no one even knew were there, and after countless delays, the Sony settop player is finally available. Let's hope quantities will be sufficient to fulfill the demand or else I see a somewhat bleak future for Blu-Ray.
With the Playstation 3 in extremely short supply and the settop player being released so late, Sony has essentially missed out on the Christmas Holiday season altogether. By doing so they essentially handed the cake to the HD-DVD camp who has players for as little as $399 in stores now and has not supply shortage.
Why is Sony's launch so important you may wonder? Blu-Ray is a 'Sony' format to begin with and the launch of Blu-Ray without Sony's backing was bad marketing to begin with. As a result many potential adopters were waiting until Sony would launch their player, hoping it would be a high quality player that would make good on the many problems found in other players.
The nasty side-effect of Sony's repeated postponements was that many, many high def fans simply lost patience and switched camps. I know of a great many people who were devoted Blu-Ray proponents 6 months ago, who now own a HD-DVD player. Not only that, they are extremely happy with it and have no immediate ambitions to switch to Blu-Ray any time soon.
It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out in the long run.

source of this ... DVD REVIEW & HIGH DEFINITION.

plenty more of where this come from i have been on 7 hi def websites in the last hour and there is so many like this to choose from ,where do i start im not sure there is enough space on the forum for all the Bad BD reviews posts discusions and threads of soft and hardware alike ;)

is it possible to open a new section dedicated to it :devil: ,this seems what other sites are doing so its easier for people to see rather than just random posting on threads :smashin: ,forums and genuine HD/BD websites have very clear set ups,or alot of it is on the home page.

This is just a taster hopefully we can set a dedicated page but all information must be taken from real websites with links atttached ,it would be a great help for newbies to understand what is happening in the HD world when they come to a forum like this..

No names being mentioned but we see some rather daft threads like the one i have just produced here,even tho this is true the hardcore BD following on this forum (all 2 members) make such post,wonder if they will bite.??

rooster-x

Novice Member
Its like The Sun in here ;)

Rooster-X

S

simonharris

Pathetic to reach this conclusion now - the race has only just begun.

Dave2

wow this thread proves how blurry fans get so defensive to a point where they are blurting out offensive insults to try and hide the fact they have purchased a big heavy brick for and stupid ammount of money :) :clap:

BadAss

Banned
This is just a taster hopefully we can set a dedicated page but all information must be taken from real websites with links atttached ,it would be a great help for newbies to understand what is happening in the HD world when they come to a forum like this..

No names being mentioned but we see some rather daft threads like the one i have just produced here,even tho this is true the hardcore BD following on this forum (all 2 members) make such post,wonder if they will bite.??

Since when does BD have a following of 2 members?

Sony designed the BDP-S1 and left Pioneer to do the manufacturing. Instead Sony built the PS3, if I'm not mistaken you are waiting for a PS3? So I guess by your own reckoning you will become BD member #3? Congratulations.:clap:

You say information should be taken from real websites and posted with links yet you fail to take your own advice and post quotes from DVD REVIEW & HIGH DEFINITION with no back up.

As for the quote itself, HD-DVD suffers the same diode shortage as does the PS3 and any other BD player. No one is immune to this. That is why Sharp will be producing 500,000 diodes a month for Sony by the end of 2007. Maybe the 360 add-on doesn't suffer such shortages due to it paltry 42k sales at launch.

Dave2

Since when does BD have a following of 2 members?

Sony designed the BDP-S1 and left Pioneer to do the manufacturing. Instead Sony built the PS3, if I'm not mistaken you are waiting for a PS3? So I guess by your own reckoning you will become BD member #3? Congratulations.

You say information should be taken from real websites and posted with links yet you fail to take your own advice and post quotes from DVD REVIEW & HIGH DEFINITION with no back up.

As for the quote itself, HD-DVD suffers the same diode shortage as does the PS3 and any other BD player. No one is immune to this. That is why Sharp will be producing 500,000 diodes a month for Sony by the end of 2007. Maybe the 360 add-on doesn't suffer such shortages due to it paltry 42k sales at launch.

the xbox-hd-dvd addon would have sold way more at launch actually it has sold more than 42k now way more and would have sold even more if there was not a shortage in the uk. :)

those diodes sharp are making are actually for the ps3 soory no link to prove this , the yare needed for the europe launch in march :).

BTW lets wait untill next year to see how both formats future will look :) i say september next year will show how they are doing :)

Im still hd-dvd for the win.

bdass your grasping at straws with the left hand and thin air with the right :D :D :D :D :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for October 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Skyworth launches 8K Q71 TV