• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Bluray & Dolby TrueHD sound

Cumber2009

Standard Member
Dear all! I have a query that i hope can be answered. I have a state of the art plasma tv (Kuro 5090) and surround sound system/ bluray player (Pioneer LX01BD), capable of Dobly TrueHD sound.

Now i have several blurays that are also capable of outputting TrueHD sound: 300, Batman: the dark knight, and Resident Evil: Degeneration...just to name a few.

Heres the problem. Resident evil automatically outputs at Dolby TrueHD the moment the movie starts. Films such as 300 and batman play in Dolby Digital. When i go into Tools ---> audio settings ---> select audio via my bluray remote control, the option for Dolby TrueHD is there, but when i select it...it flashes for around 5 seconds and then automatically goes back to outputting Dolby Digital.

For the life of me i cant seem to get these blurays to play in TrueHD, and they definately can...says so on the back of the boxes :thumbsup: lol.

Can anyone maybe shed some light or help me out? :lease:

Thanks for reading

owenfarmer

Distinguished Member
Hi,
At the begining of every film just select 'languages' on the movie menu and choose best audio option- i have all those films and all my bar resi start with dolby digital untill i change language, hope this helps as not sure if not this!

mudstuff

Agreed, try changing it via the bluray's pop-up menu as opposed to the player settings.

It annoys me that they do this since I thought both DD and DTS core tracks were able to be extracted from the lossless mix. Warner seem to do this a lot and it's very annoying. Why can't the menu load first so you can select the audio track you want as opposed to the film automatically starting?!

LanceR

Distinguished Member
Dear all! I have a query that i hope can be answered. I have a state of the art plasma tv (Kuro 5090) and surround sound system/ bluray player (Pioneer LX01BD), capable of Dobly TrueHD sound.

Now i have several blurays that are also capable of outputting TrueHD sound: 300, Batman: the dark knight, and Resident Evil: Degeneration...just to name a few.

Heres the problem. Resident evil automatically outputs at Dolby TrueHD the moment the movie starts. Films such as 300 and batman play in Dolby Digital. When i go into Tools ---> audio settings ---> select audio via my bluray remote control, the option for Dolby TrueHD is there, but when i select it...it flashes for around 5 seconds and then automatically goes back to outputting Dolby Digital.

For the life of me i cant seem to get these blurays to play in TrueHD, and they definately can...says so on the back of the boxes :thumbsup: lol.

Can anyone maybe shed some light or help me out? :lease:

Thanks for reading

Do exactly what the guys have said in the replies and it's also worth noting that warner titles which are the ones you have listed that don't work, automayically default to vanilla dolby digital.

Cumber2009

Standard Member
Thanks for everyones reply! Well u r all right! it was hidden away in the language options! How obscure! You wud have thought it wud have been in the audio options....as it is an audio option! lol ahh well all is fixed now!

Thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom