Blur or Oasis?

Blur or Oasis?

• Blur

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Oasis

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

pringtef

I'm a great fan of both, but Blur totally eclipse Oasis for me.
Constantly reinventing themselves in each of their albums and at a very high level.

For me, "13" is one of the best albums out there.

Miyazaki

Novice Member
I thought it was southerners that liked 'Blur' and northerners that liked 'Oasis'?

Having said that I grew up in the midlands and I always prefered 'Blur', although I think 'Oasis' are a stronger album band.

tom_nieto

Standard Member
I love both of them, but recently I've been liking Blur a lot more. If you take into account Gorillaz then there's no competition ;)

seany

Banned
Never really been in to Oasis. Blur got better after they droped mockny stuff. Oasis in my opion are one of the least of the Manchester bands

Oasis-GasPanic

I personally think the only thing blur have over Oasis is that their more inventive in the studio, but Oasis are miles ahead of them in everything else. It's just a shame Oasis are such a "lo-fi" band.

LIVEFOREVER :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oasis-GasPanic

BTW, I was born and have lived in London all my life, and don't dislike blur (got their greatest hits), I just think their nowhere near as good as OASIS!!!:D

Floodedstatue

Novice Member
Oasis with 80,000 people at Wembley Stadium just before they tore the fecker down, that was one hell of a gig!!

Never got into Blur, although I like the self titled album with Song 2 & Beetlebum, but Definitely Maybe & Morning Glory are pure class. Oasis all the way.....:devil:

SOUNDSTYLE

None of them. Both groups make boring music.

CrispyXUK

13, Parklife, The Great Escape & Think Tank really do show the diversity of blur, Oasis have always sounded the same since Whats the story but are still good IMO

Easily voted for Blur here

huwg

Has to be Blur.
Although the first 2 Oasis albums were excellent in a 'feel good pub rock' sort of way, I prefer the variety Blur dish up ('13' being my favourite).

Having said that, I haven't listened either of them for over a year!

Mr Cat

Banned
it has to be blur - 13 has some amazing tracks on it!

Robz

Gotta be Oasis. Hands down the band that changed my perspective on the music i listen too and encouraged me to pick up a guitar and teach myself.

inzaman

Oasis for me to, never forget the time i went to Knebworth to see them.

CrispyXUK

Originally posted by Oasis-GasPanic
BTW, I was born and have lived in London all my life, and don't dislike blur (got their greatest hits), I just think their nowhere near as good as OASIS!!!:D
Trust me if you only have their greatest hits you really are missing out, get "13" quick but be warned it tends to scare girlfriends :)

Kazuya Mishima

Originally posted by pringtef
Blue or Oasis?
Oh, that's SO 1995....:devil:

What are Oasis actually doing just now? Are they still a 5-piece, has Liam got his teeth fixed yet?

For me it's hard to decide which I like best. Depends on my mood at the time. Sometimes when you want to RAWK just put on Cigarettes and Alcohol.

But Modern Life is Rubbish is a brilliant album, Parklife's not bad either - when I am feeling in a wistful reflective mood...