Blur on vinyl

vinylman

I'm enjoying the Blur remastered vinyl box set this afternoon. Does anyone know if they have been created from analogue tapes or digital masters?

overkill

Distinguished Member
"Blur’s first five studio albums have now been remastered from the original tapes by Frank Arkwright (The Smiths, Arcade Fire, New Order, Joy Division), with the remastering overseen by legendary producer, Stephen Street. All seven original Blur albums have now been given the space of 2 LPs (expect for Leisure which remains a single LP), cut on heavyweight 180 gram, audiophile vinyl and housed in a replica of the original sleeve artwork." Source: Blur webstore.

vinylman

overkill said:
"Blur’s first five studio albums have now been remastered from the original tapes by Frank Arkwright (The Smiths, Arcade Fire, New Order, Joy Division), with the remastering overseen by legendary producer, Stephen Street. All seven original Blur albums have now been given the space of 2 LPs (expect for Leisure which remains a single LP), cut on heavyweight 180 gram, audiophile vinyl and housed in a replica of the original sleeve artwork." Source: Blur webstore.

Thanks Overkill. I should have looked at the blur store before posting. I guess that means their other 2 albums which are also included in the vinyl box set have been remastered from digital masters. Anyhow, the pressings are absolutely fantastic. I've just listened to their fifth album (eponymous) all the way through. The vocals are astonishingly clear and the drums, bass and guitar sound really good. The stereo imaging is also very precise.

overkill

Distinguished Member
Not a Blur fan myself, Song no.5 is as close as I get to liking anything by them. Albarn's Essex 'mockney' vocal gets right on my pecks as a true Cockney (born in the sound of Bow Bells). ;)

vinylman

overkill said:
Not a Blur fan myself, Song no.5 is as close as I get to liking anything by them. Albarn's Essex 'mockney' vocal gets right on my pecks as a true Cockney (born in the sound of Bow Bells). ;)

Fair enough! I like them because when I was in my late teens/early twenties they were a band I got in to. To me they are quite original and I am a big fan of Coxon's guitar work. However, I think they sound a bit dated sometimes nowadays...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom