Looking forward to this
- Blur to release first studio album for 12 years - Telegraph
- British Summer Time festival announce Blur to headline - BBC Newsbeat
- Blur Announce First New Album in 12 Years, 'The Magic Whip' | Rolling Stone
- Blur announce The Magic Whip, their first new album for 12 years | Music | The Guardian
- Blur Announce New Album The Magic Whip, Share "Go Out" Lyric Video | News | Pitchfork
- Blur announce new album Magic Whip and confirm British Summer Time Hyde Park gig - News - Music - The Independent
From: Graham Coxon <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, 19 February 2015, 14:57
Subject: Blur - new album ‘The Magic Whip’ and Hyde Park headline date
Today blur announced their first album as a four-piece in 16 years at a live streamed Facebook event from Chinatown in London. The brand new album, titled The Magic Whip, will be released on April 27 is available to pre-order from today.
The recordings began during a five-day break in touring in Spring 2013 at Avon Studios in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Last November Graham Coxon revisited the tracks and, drafting in blur's early producer Stephen Street, he worked with the band on the material. Damon then added lyrics and hey presto!
The Magic Whip features 12 new songs: Lonesome Street, New World Towers, Go Out, Ice Cream Man, Thought I Was a Spaceman, I Broadcast, My Terracotta Heart, There are Too Many of Us, Ghost Ship, Pyongyang, Ong Ong, Mirrorball.
The album will be available as a digital download, on CD and as a 2-disc vinyl set. Pre-order now from Amazon, iTunes and the Official Store and get the track 'Go Out' instantly.
The band also announced they will headline Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park on Saturday 20th June. Tickets go on general sale at 9am, Friday 27 February from www.bst-hydepark.com.
Fans who pre-order the album from Amazon UK by 11AM on Monday 23rd February will receive access to an exclusive ticket pre-sale. The number of pre-sale tickets is strictly limited and having an Amazon pre-sale code doesn't guarantee a ticket, so don't miss out.
Missed the live stream of the Facebook event? Watch highlights on the blur Facebook page now.