1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blueyonder XBOX Trial - Free hub

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Broadband' started by cleggy, Dec 19, 2002.

1. cleggy

cleggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case any blueyonder broadband customers didn't know they are running a free trial for 500 subscribers http://xbox.blueyonder.co.uk

There are various conditions like you have had to be on broadband for 6 months and not owe them any money! They send you a free router and the required ethernet cables and then you have to give them feedback re installation/performance etc, seems a good deal.

I signed up and got the email saying I'm in, xbox live coming in a few days and finally get my hands on the Xbox next Wednesday :)

Next on the agenda is getting Moto GP.

2. Midge

Midge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Already up and running with the Blueyonder Testing. Maybe see you on a Moto GP race track in the near future.

XBox GamerTag: ToteEndStar

3. cleggy

cleggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone from BlueYonder contacted you for feedback or anything?

Installation of the kit was simple enough but I've lost my connection a few times (about 8 dropped connections in about 10 hours of on-line gaming). Of course the dropped connections always occur in the middle of a race when I'm doing particulalry well for a change :)

4. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know how much the monthly charge will be
    once the trail is complete?

5. Midge

Midge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    No, and I've been looking for somewhere to submit some as been having the same problem. If I'm playing early evening, I can very rarely complete a race before I lose the connection. If I try again after 10pm, it's normally ok. Starting to be a pain in the arse, especially as I had even been leading on a couple of occasions(that doesn't happen very often, so the language wasn't very pleasant at the time!!!)

6. cleggy

cleggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are talking about Xbox Live there isn't one - the £39.99 is for 12 months subscription, and the 12 months doesn't start ticking down until 14 March.

If you are talking about the Blueyonder trial then again there isn't any extra charge on top of your normal monthly payment, although if I remember correctly the terms and conditions said they could ask for the hub/cables back at the end of the trial, doubt if they would though, probably cost more to arrange collection/pay for postage than the cost of the hub/cable itself.