Bluetooth

john walker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I’ve just got a Teac TN-400BT turntable and a set of JBL LIVE 650 Bluetooth headphones and it would appear that they not compatible with this deck. They connect ok to the Sony Bluetooth turntable and phones etc. The turntable connects ok to my Alexa’s.
So has anyone else got one of these turntables and successfully connected Bluetooth headphones to it, and the make and model no of the headphones. I don’t want to go down the course of buying headphones and finding none that works by trial and error and being left with a pile of headphones and don’t think retailers will be unwilling to sell on a trial basis or return basis.
Thanks.

Hi. Lets get this right your turntable is Bluetooth and the headphones are bluetooth so how do you get them to pair with others devices where can you see to confirm that they are connected. The turntable connects with Alexa that I can understand but Alexa cannot pair to two things at once so if you select the turntable on the Alexa app you cant connect anything else the same time its like on an amplifier you select phono then you cant play a cd through the system. It all sounds very confusing to me .

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically the jbl headphones won’t connect to the Bluetooth on the turntable, I have a Sony Bluetooth turntable which they connect to no problem. The Teac will connect to the Alexa no bother therefore ruling out a possible faulty Bluetooth transmitter on the turntable.So the jbl headphones appear to not to be compatible with the turntable, I have a pair of jbl endurance run headphones and these won’t connect to the turntable.

The JBLs use Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connectivity and I think that the turntable is Bluetooth 5.0 so thats why they are incompatable nor are your jbl endurance run they don't support APTX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turntable is 4.0
One other Qualcomm codec is the aptX Low Latency, which utilizes the Bluetooth 5.0technology for audios of low latency. The end-to-end delay is provided by this technology when the transmission is being done via Bluetooth, not higher than 32 ms. I stand corrected.
Taken from your turntable specs
The TN-400BT's Bluetooth® wireless transmission system supports the higher quality Qualcomm® aptX™ and AAC codecs, as well as the conventional SBC codec. This means that even if users don't have a hi-fi system, then can still enjoy truly high-quality vinyl replay via Bluetooth®-equipped headphones or speakers. Connecting the TN-400BT to Bluetooth® headphones or speakers is achieved very simply, at the touch of a button. A single-function pairing key and an associated LED indicator provide simple and clear confirmation of the connection status.

This what I have done to get around the problem temporarily the JBL headphones connect no problem with an external Bluetooth transmitter.
1D583EDF-C27C-4309-B7AE-D7ED42511887.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom