• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluetooth

bruny

Established Member
Hi all.
I’m looking for decent Bluetooth transmitter/receiver must have Aptx hd and AAC. Looking to make my old Yamaha RX-V2065 Av receiver capable of sending audio via Bluetooth. There are a lot of cheap Chinese made ones on Amazon, but are they decent quality. I also noticed some with optical in/outputs. Would I be able to connect over optical and send to my Sony headphones. They are Aptx hd and AAC compatible. Here’s an example. Of the type I mean.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOTENS-Blu...r+receiver&dpPl=1&dpID=413frtI9xLL&ref=plSrch

Has anyone used any of these devices and can recommend a decent one. As I’m a bit sceptical of all the rave/fake reviews these things get.
Cheers bruny

Last edited:

jonnybee123

Established Member
Hi,
I owned a Audioengine B1 for a few months before upgrading to Bluesound. I really couldnt fault it. It sounded very good indeed on my system. It has what you are looking for too. Just make sure your source (phone/tablet is switched to the APTX codec or for Apple, the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) codec or the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC).

You can either buy new or there are one or two on ebay for a little saving. Cheers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Engine-B1-Premium-Digital-Receiver-x/dp/B00MHTGZR4

bruny

Established Member
Thanks jonnybee123 I did look at that but I believe it is receiver only is it not. What I’m looking for is a device that can be switched between receive/transmit. As I would like to use it predominantly as a transmitter, but receiver on occasions.

jonnybee123

Established Member
Sorry my friend , that'll teach me for not reading the thread properly. :facepalm:

bruny

Established Member
No problem. Been there done that.:)

bruny

Established Member
Cheers RBZ5416
That looks like a decent device. Bit more expensive so hopefully quality is better. And like you say if it’s not up to the job it is easy sent back.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom