Bluetooth wont find headphones

SysterStaf

Novice Member
Hi!
I recently bought a pair of headphones (Sony WH 1000 MX2) to use when the rest of the family has gone to bed, but my TV (Sony KD-65XG8196) wont't find the headphones when i try to pair them via Bluetooth. Do anyone know why this is?
I have the latest software installed on the tv and have tried the old "switch it off and on again".
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
From the specifications page online.
  • BLUETOOTH PROFILE SUPPORT
    Version 4.1;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)
  • This means the version of Bluetooth on your TV is only for input devices like keyboards and mice.
  • More current models have Bluetooth for output devices like Headphones and Smart Speakers, Soundbars etc

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The receiver is built into the headphones.
You need a Bluetooth Transmitter. These are available with optical and/or RCA inputs so you can use the Digital optical out from your TV or it's headphone socket into the transmitter.
I suggest you buy from somewhere like Amazon and buy one advertised as low latency which lessens the chances of audio lag and sound out of sync with the picture.

SysterStaf

Novice Member
Thank you so much! Now i know hos to solve this. Ill order a low latency transmitter asap.
JayCee; have a nice day!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom