Bluetooth transmitter optical/jack

Delore

Have a transmitter and a couple of pairs of headphones with aptx ll coming tomorrow that will be used for TV/movies and wondering what would be the best way to connect the transmitter to my set up.

My options are optical or headphone jack into the TV (B8 oled), or into the front headphone jack on the Yamaha AVR. Will there be any difference in sound quality between them? Just wanted to check so I can run the appropriate cables today while I'm off.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
In theory using optical from the TV should give the best quality but in practice there's usually no noticeable difference between it and the headphone output.

Delore

In theory using optical from the TV should give the best quality but in practice there's usually no noticeable difference between it and the headphone output.
Thanks, I'd hoped that would be the case. Was doing some testing earlier for setting up a harmony activity and using the headphone socket on the TV was probably the best solution, although I'd need to manually set to headphone output (too many steps for harmony to navigate menu without messing up) it automatically goes back to Arc when the AVR gets switched on. If set to optical it just stays on optical.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom