• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluetooth Speakers, Suggestions Please

EdwardScissors

Established Member
I would like to buy a bluetooth speaker for listening to at work, it has to be loud enough to play over the background noise of machinery. Sound quality is not too important but i dont want something that distorts easily. Would £50 be enough?

Currently i use a 2 x 10w portable cd player so i would like something with a similar output and sound, not too tinny. I would like to use bluetooth for streaming from my phone without the need for the cassette adapter.

I the moment im using this and it does the job
$_86.JPG

EdwardScissors

Established Member
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think im struggling to believe these small units will be good enough for me, they are so small i can imaging you get non-tinny sound from them. Maybe im expecting too much and i need to sample them for myself.

avvxx

Established Member

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I think you might be surprised how loud and deep the little speakers can go. They are engineered to give extended bass - certainly on a par with your current stereo, and the more efficient amps used these drive them louder for longer as well.

We used one of these speakers for a kids party. 40 of them, in a village hall and it was more than loud enough.

EdwardScissors

Established Member
Thanks avvxx but i would rather not spend that much for something like this, someone at work might pinch it.

noiseboy72 maybe i should try the Anker speaker, if it does not do the job i can always use it somewhere else in the house. Its not too expensive so maybe worth a try.

EdwardScissors

Established Member
I have ordered the Anker speaker, it will arrive today so hopefully i can let you know what i think, i hope its good news. Im going on holiday next week so something like this will come in very handy indeed.

EdwardScissors

Established Member
I received my speaker today, it really is amazing the sound that comes off this small speaker and it is good quality too, not quite as full a sound as my other portable cd player but still very impressive, i will try it at work tomorrow and see if it is loud enough. If not i will be happy enough using it at home as its defo good enough for using in the kitchen or garden etc. It is perfect for taking on holiday too.

Do you know if you can send audio only to the speaker i.e. so no other phone sounds are sent to the speaker.

Navrig

Established Member
Although you have bought your speaker I thought I'd add my experience just in case others come looking.

The Bose Mini-soundlink gives a fantastic sound for its size. About £160 so not cheap but I think it was worth it.

McCol

Prominent Member
Ok folks slightly off topic but I'll ask anyway.

I posted in the car section but no real answers yet - I have a Peugeot 107 with a pretty poor sound system, would a decent bluetooth speaker be a worthwhile upgrade or do I need to go the full replace speakers, headunit and add a sub route?

EdwardScissors

Established Member
you really need stereo speakers in a car, i sat my bluetooth speaker on my dash and it sounded pants, coming from a single position it was not something i would bother with,

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom