Bluetooth Speaker - Portable, Splashproof & Decent SQ?

wicker_man

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a new portable bluetooth speaker and need some suggestions and feedback please.

It needs to be fairly compact and built well for travel, and splashproof/waterproof (to use by the pool, in the shower etc). Looking to spend around £75 but could stretch a bit more for something really good and would consider second hand/refurbished.

I have previously owned a Bose Soundlink Mini 2 for travel but wasn't too impressed with the sound as it was too biased towards the low end. I currently have a UE Roll 2 which sounds much more balanced/clear, but I want something a bit 'fuller' and a step up in sound quality. If it helps I tend to listen mainly to rock/metal.

Current contenders I looked at so far: UE Boom 2, UE Wonderboom, JBL Flip 3/4. Is there anything I haven't considered, or comments on these?

Any advice appreciated :)

Just thought I would post an update in case anybody was also looking for a similar speaker.

I had the opportunity to test the JBL Flip 4 and UE Boom 2, and went for the JBL in the end. I was quite disappointed with the sound of the UE considering most reviews praised the sound quality, it seemed a bit muffled compared to the JBL, and the rubber coating seemed to mark very easily. I must admit the JBL didn't seem as solidly built though (not that it seems flimsy, but the exposed 'woofers' on the ends look vulnerable?) and I preferred the big volume control buttons of the UE. But I guess being a portable speaker there are going to be compromises!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom