Bluetooth speaker and windows xp help

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Xmas I got this wireless speaker and it works great with my phone via bluetooth.

Intempo Tabletop Bluetooth Tower - EE0779 from The Original Factory Shop

I cannot get it to work via my netbook using a Bluetooth dongle. The dongle works ok with my tablet and phone.

I have paired the speaker but it does not connect when playing music. Instead it still plays music through the netbook speakers.

Nothing comes up on the pc after pairing from the speaker asking to connect.

Any ideas ?

I think my problem is the built in XP drivers. I have no idea what make the dongle is as it was a cheap no brand one. It shows as paired as a headset but there is no bluetooth or headset in the audio devices.

I'm not sure if this applies to XP as they reworked the audio system for the better in Vista but on newer versions on windows you either need to set the default sound device in the control panel's sound section or, if your audio player provides the option, choose the output in that.

I had the same problem with a Win7 computer although didn't go too far into the audio devices setup. I have found a old Belkin adapter so I am downloading the drivers for that. It is rather big so sticks out but just want to know it works for now. This was all to get a netbook to connect to a speaker rather than use the mono speaker.

I think it is too do with no having proper a2dp support.

The belkin adapter didn't work. Despite being installed, the pc does not even see the bluetooth radio part so it can't find devices.

It used to work but is old from 2005.

I have got some success with the Belkin and a Widcomm driver. It connects but audio can start breaking up if pressing buttons like pause etc.

Looks like I need a micro bluetooth adapter with a2dp drivers and the ability to connect automatically. The speakers are seen as a headset but need connecting each time the pc is started or from standby.

Yes, finally did it with the bluetooth micro dongle I wanted. It is just a Poundland version and found the same one on ebay and the auction had a link to a driver file. It downloaded Blusoleil 2.6 and it works great with it. The sound also doesn't break up like the Belkin one. I do have two of them and only one licences the software whereas the other dongle leaves it in evaluation mode.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom