Bluetooth soundbar

hkbs

We have a new QE50Q65AAUXXU TV and can connect our Samsung HW J551 soundbar by HDMI.
The problem is that we really need to connect via Bluetooth as the 3 HDMI sockets are needed for our STB, Chromecast and DVD player. We have followed instructions on Samsung’s website but can’t get the TV to find our soundbar.
We managed to connect the soundbar with an optical cable but, for some unknown reason, we can’t then control the volume by the Samsung TV remote or by our Universal remote. 🤷‍♀️
Can anyone be help please?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need to put your TV (read the e-manual built-in to your TV by pressing the “Help“ button on it's remote control) and Soundbar into pairing mode (read your soundbar's user manual) and then wait until your Soundbar appears in the list of devices in your TV's Bluetooth settings.
It's normal not to be able to use your TV's remote to control the volume when connected by optical cable…you need to use the remote supplied with the Soundbar.

hkbs

You need to put your TV (read the e-manual built-in to your TV by pressing the “Help“ button on it's remote control) and Soundbar into pairing mode (read your soundbar's user manual) and then wait until your Soundbar appears in the list of devices in your TV's Bluetooth settings.
It's normal not to be able to use your TV's remote to control the volume when connected by optical cable…you need to use the remote supplied with the Soundbar.
Thanks. I’ve now managed to connect the soundbar by Bluetooth so I have space for the other HDMI devices. I can control everything from my Universal remote again

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom