Bluetooth Repeater (Bidirectional)?

bkboudreau

Novice Member
Hello all,

I am having a hard time finding a solution to extend my bluetooth so that I can use a gaming controller about 60' away from my PC. Everything I find seems to only talk about audio and when I speak to sales reps they say that their repeaters are unidirectional.

Can anyone please point me to devices or websites that would allow me to have my PC in another room ~60' away and still be able to use devices like bluetooth controllers/keyboards etc?

Thanks!

next010

Distinguished Member
If you are streaming Steam or Moonlight from local PC then the receiver client plugged into TV supports paring game controllers, for example AppleTV, Nvidia Shield etc.

If you've run a secondary video output from your PC to display in another room, then you need to run another USB cable so it has your bluetooth or wireless USB dongle in the same room.

There are dedicated HDMI/USB over ethernet extenders like this or this or USB only like this. These over ethernet extenders cannot piggyback over existing ethernet network so you must have a dedicated ethernet cable for the sole use of the extender.

Trying to repeat or extend a bluetooth game controller would likely cause a lot of latency and input lag issues.

bkboudreau

Novice Member
Thank you very much. I always overthink things and miss out on key details lol. Never thought about latency issues with the controller.

You linked the exact item I am looking for however I am in Canada and sadly this is one EZCO item I can't find on Amazon. At least I know the device exists so I can continue my search!

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom