• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

bluetooth remote

bigal1976

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

New to the site and blu ray. I've just ordered a projector and projector screen and am now looking at a new blu ray player. does anyone know of player with a bluetooth remote. I know the PS3 has one but this is not an option, my wife won't have another console in the house. Hope someone can help. Cheers

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone,

New to the site and blu ray. I've just ordered a projector and projector screen and am now looking at a new blu ray player. does anyone know of player with a bluetooth remote. I know the PS3 has one but this is not an option, my wife won't have another console in the house. Hope someone can help. Cheers

Hi bigal1976 :) and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
The only Blu-ray player that supports Bluetooth is the PS3. :cool:
All the best.

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
:confused: Why the need for Bluetooth ??:confused:

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
Turn your gear on from another room...................:confused:

:D Yeah, I forgot... always handy when you arn't watching from the same room... :confused: or have all the rest of your kit also on BT remotes somehow... :confused: I would have thought an IR repeater would be a far better idea?? ;) :D

I still point my PS3 BT remote at the machine... some habits are hard to break :D

bigal1976

Standard Member
yeah my dvd player was going to be hidden away behind a wall hence the need for blue tooth. i am a total noob at this so have no idea what an ir repeater is. Can this solve my problem, is it cheap/easy to install.

Cheers.

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
yeah my dvd player was going to be hidden away behind a wall hence the need for blue tooth. i am a total noob at this so have no idea what an ir repeater is. Can this solve my problem, is it cheap/easy to install.

Cheaper than a PS3 :devil:

see here..

The infrared extender set allows you to control your TV, VCR, satellite receiver or audio installation from anywhere in the house using your existing remote controls - even through walls and floors.

although it'll never play BR's :D ;)

Or this one..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom