Bluetooth receiver

rccarguy3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for Bluetooth receiver to add to hifi? Coaxial/optical output.

Guess they're not that expensive? Just would be useful for legacy audio system to have this feature streaming from phone

Any that have a LCD screen with info on audio stream? I have two phones and the newer one sounds better, but it could just be me, as it's the same app. Whether Bluetooth revision makes any difference, don't know if either are aptx etc

Bluetooth codecs need to be matched at both ends to work so worth finding out what your un-named phones support so you get the right receiver before you spend your cash

Bluetooth codecs need to be matched at both ends to work so worth finding out what your un-named phones support so you get the right receiver before you spend your cash

One is Moto g9 plus
The other is Huawei p8 lite

I can without hesitation recommend the ifi zen blue dac

One is Moto g9 plus
The other is Huawei p8 lite
Looks like both only support the basic 'car phone' A2DP codec so the better quality codecs would not be needed on the receiver.

It would

The Chromecast Audio was discontinued a couple of years ago. This is the closes current device, it has Wi-Fi streamer and Bluetooth plus optical output.

Amazon product ASIN B09QCVVLN8

Pretty much all Android phones support APTX, so worth looking out for it. APTX sounds significantly better than AD2P.

QED used to make a really good Bluetooth receiver, and they do turn up on Ebay from time to time. Analogue, Co-ax and Optical output and supports APTX.

Some of the cheapo Amazon specials are OK, but I've not been convinced about them. If you are buying new, the IfI is a good recommendation.

@noiseboy72 Upgrading to new android phones to get AptX (325 kbit/s), or better still AptX HD (576 kbit/s), is an expensive way to get better (lossy) bluetooth codecs

@noiseboy72 Upgrading to new android phones to get AptX (325 kbit/s), or better still AptX HD (576 kbit/s), is an expensive way to get better (lossy) bluetooth codecs
I don't know about the Huawei, but I'm pretty certain the Moto supports APTX.

4.1 on p8, 5 on the motog
Don't know how check if aptx is supported

No info on tonewinner Bluetooth spec

I don't know about the Huawei, but I'm pretty certain the Moto supports APTX.
Checked the specs and some say it does and some say it doesn't - probably depends on where it was supplied

How desperate are you?

OSD have a range and i would like to bring a few over for testing and evaluation.
If you're looking for units to be evaluated, give me a shout! I use a couple of different types around the house to connect my phones and laptops to speakers in my office and man cave, so can easily switch them out for a demo unit for a period of time.

@rccarguy2 are you still thinking about a BT device? I've got one you could have for free, I've thrown it away and had second thoughts at least twice now and I'd rather see somebody get some use out of it.

It's a cheap Amazon one with a brand you've never heard of (Elegiant) but usefully its switchable between RX and TX mode, supports APTX, APTX LL and other less basic codecs and most importantly has optical digital input and output.

It's yours if you want it.

W
SER=896184]@rccarguy2[/USER] are you still thinking about a BT device? I've got one you could have for free, I've thrown it away and had second thoughts at least twice now and I'd rather see somebody get some use out of it.

It's a cheap Amazon one with a brand you've never heard of (Elegiant) but usefully its switchable between RX and TX mode, supports APTX, APTX LL and other less basic codecs and most importantly has optical digital input and output.

It's yours if you want it.

Wow much appreciated many thanks!

Wow much appreciated many thanks!
You're very welcome.

This is the device, It's a standard Toslink port for the digital connections, a 3.5mm for the analogue and a micro USB for power, it does have an internal battery as well.
I think I might just be able to get away with a large letter for the postage, I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.

elegiant1.jpg

elegiant2.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom