Bluetooth receiver that will power my wired headphones

bazzerkap

Novice Member
I have a pair of Sony MDR-XB700 wired headphones which I love. But I wished they were wireless so that I can walk around the house untethered.
I was thinking of using bluetooth technology to 'convert' these phones to bluetooth. I believe there are lots of BT transmitters (connected to my Amp H/P out) and BT receivers (which I plug my phones into) about but not sure if a receiver I buy would power my phones as the Sony XB take some power to drive. Also the receiver would need to have it's own battery power rather than a mains connected PSU. Has anyone got any suggestions on a good suitable receiver to do this?

peter312

The only one I have seen is the Audiolab M-DAC Nano but I have no idea if it is powerful enough for your headphones.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Those headphones are no harder to drive than any others and have quite high sensitivity, so I wouldn't get too hung up on "power". You should be able to drive them reasonably loudly, but you may find battery life is a little diminished compared to some higher impedance designs.

I suggest you start cheap with something like this and see how you get on.

Amazon product

bazzerkap

Novice Member
Those headphones are no harder to drive than any others and have quite high sensitivity, so I wouldn't get too hung up on "power". You should be able to drive them reasonably loudly, but you may find battery life is a little diminished compared to some higher impedance designs.

I suggest you start cheap with something like this and see how you get on.

Amazon product
Thanks, I have gone for an Audiolab M-DAC as suggested by Peter312 so hopefully this will do the job.

peter312

Hopefully it will be a success

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom