Bluetooth Question - How to connect to speakers with BT transmitter

ejeffo

Novice Member
I am trying to connect my Onkyo TX-NR 616 Zone 2 to bluetooth speakers. I bought a bluetooth transmitter (iM11 B03), get it all set up on Z2 and I am trying to connect to the speakers. Problem is the speakers require that you "select" them on a phone, computer, tablet, whatever... but I dont have the ability to do this. The transmitter is just spitting out a BT signal. I have tried just putting them both in pairing mode but that does not work. Is there a specific "type" of speakers I need to get? The ultimate goal is just to get bluetooth audio in a separate room from my main AV system. Any ideas?

Thanks!

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
I am trying to connect my Onkyo TX-NR 616 Zone 2 to bluetooth speakers. I bought a bluetooth transmitter (iM11 B03), get it all set up on Z2 and I am trying to connect to the speakers. Problem is the speakers require that you "select" them on a phone, computer, tablet, whatever... but I dont have the ability to do this. The transmitter is just spitting out a BT signal. I have tried just putting them both in pairing mode but that does not work. Is there a specific "type" of speakers I need to get? The ultimate goal is just to get bluetooth audio in a separate room from my main AV system. Any ideas?

Thanks!
What make and model are the speakers?

ejeffo

Novice Member
The speakers I am testing the system on are Innovative Technology ITSBO-513 rock speakers. I plan to get a decent set of shelf speakers for the actual application but I want to make sure I can get it to work properly.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
These simple transmitters will typically pair to the first receiver (speaker) that offers. The selection of the target, which you'll be offered on your phone, is more to protect the phone from pairing with the wrong device. Normally speakers will pair with anything that's prepared to do so.

Check that the speakers have paired to each other and try again. If that doesn't work, try another transmitter.

ejeffo

Novice Member
These simple transmitters will typically pair to the first receiver (speaker) that offers. The selection of the target, which you'll be offered on your phone, is more to protect the phone from pairing with the wrong device. Normally speakers will pair with anything that's prepared to do so.

Check that the speakers have paired to each other and try again. If that doesn't work, try another transmitter.
That is the answer I was looking for thanks! I will try factory resetting these and trying again since they have been connected to a few devices here. That makes me feel more confident that it should work correctly when I get some new bookshelf speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom