1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bluetooth on Moto V525

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dan76n, May 16, 2004.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I have a Motorola V525 which i was wondering if i buy a bluetooth port for my pc can i send midi files from my pc to my phone free of charge?

2. tykent

tykent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    You should be able to as long as you have the midi file on your PC. I have the v600 and transfer mp3, midi etc between my PC and phone. I bought myself a cheap Bluetooth USB dongle.

3. Reepicheep

Reepicheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I also have a Moto V525 and I'm just about to purchase a cheap Bluetooth Dongle and I was wondering what spec. the MP3 and images need to be for the ringtones and wallpaper?

4. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can i get myself a cheap Bluetooth USB dongle and does it do java games?

5. deman77

deman77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tykent,

i'm considering getting a cheap usb-BT dongle from mibile-fun.

my only minus is that I will have to purchase a license for their synch software separately, whilst it comes standard with Moto's own dongle. it comes as 30d trial on CD. Do you know how much is for the license?

do you know if one can manage contacts in any other way than through that software. don't care that much about the calendar.

6. gillyk

gillyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pc world were doing the belkin bluetooth adaptor £12.66 order online then pick up in store and i have used belkin bluetooth for a few years now just with what came on the disc and i can transfer games,photos and ringtones smoothly also it works will all the bluetooth phones ive had easily.

7. PaulSaunders

PaulSaunders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes you can, sometimes no soft is needed and sometimes the soft provided with the phone is good enough, but see Mobiledit that does much more than this and is very universal.