Bluetooth MP3 stereo with A2DP & handsfree?

itm

I'm looking for a car stereo which will fit a standard, single-height dashboard slot (in a Honda S2000) and has the following features:
- MP3 (preferably playable from a DVD)
- Handsfree bluetooth phone calls
- Music playback from phone via bluetooth/A2DP
- Music playback from USB flash drive

Can anyone recommend something that meets these requirements?

silversurfer24v

i have just bought the clarion cz501e and it works fantastic, this may suit all your needs is even ipod and iphone compatible, got it from lemon digital ltd for £142.99

Inked

Distinguished Member
I've just picked up a Sony MEX-BT3900u for my wife's car, getting it fitted on Tuesday so will let you know what it's like after that.

Inked

Distinguished Member
Just an update on the Sony I purchased, so far finding it great, had it fitted this morning and it's giving great sound through the standard mini speakers.

Have been using it with my iPhone via both USB and Bluetooth to test it out and it is easy to control the iPod functions from the stereo, also works well when using SatNav on the iPhone with it lowering the music volume when giving directions.

Voice control for making calls works really well too and with Siri you can also get it to read your texts. Over all very happy with the purchase.

Ouch

Have a look at the KDC-BT61U - Fitted one a couple of months back and it's great. It'll handle multiple bluetooth connections too, so you can pull music from one device and use the other as a phone. Looks better (IMO) that most the other stuff out there at the moment too.

Only point to consider is the USB and line-in are around the back - neater but requires more thought to install.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom