• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluetooth media remote

mark2410

Established Member
Having changed laptops reciontly i find im really missing a remote control. i used to use a Dell Vostro 1700 which had media buttons onthe front and a little IR remote control. i didnt realise how much i used those buttons. having changed machines i dont have them anymore and now use a bluetooth keyboard. Microsoft Bluetooth® Mobile Keyboard 6000 | Microsoft Hardware and it has no media buttons on it.

what i want is a basic little remto control, play/pause, forward / back. that sart of thing. does such a thing exist as i cant find one. i found this Consumer Products - ExpressCard Media Remote Control for Bluetooth

it would do but they dont seem to actually exist anywhere. does what i want exist other than a ps3 remote which is a bit much, size and number of buttons.
http://www.smklink.com/presentation_remotes/products/consumerproducts/expresscardremotecontrol.html

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If you have a smartphone then remote control using that is popular these days.

Bluetooth has a standard audio/video remote control profile (AVRCP) and I believe most default bluetooth drivers support this so you may find that any bluetooth remote control will work and it doesn't have to be a PC specific one. I don't have any experience with that though, so try it first or do a bit more research before committing.

Alternatively, just install macro software and set up some of the keyboard buttons to double as volume buttons, I do this myself and have AltGr+Up/Down/End as Volume Up/Down/Mute.

mark2410

Established Member
i really wanted something with real buttons, something i can press without having to look at it.

so far the only remote with bluetooth i can find available is the ps3 one :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom