1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Headsets

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by richjthorpe, Jun 22, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset to connect to a PC and use Skype to call instead of having a headset or needing the Skype phone ?

Cheers,

Richie.

2. Kalef

Kalef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    richjthorpe, yes it is possible. I am using skype with a Jabra 250v connect to my mac & it works perfectly. :)

3. Embarker

Embarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Is there an idiot guide to getting this working for poor windows users!?!

As I understand it you need the widcomm drivers and not the ms bluetooth drivers, but that is as far as i've got..........

Thanks

Dave

4. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,566
    Widcomm vs MS does depend what hardware you've got etc...The MS ones do support the Audio profile as well so there shouldn't be a problem...

To start ensure you know how on your hardware (there are so many variations) you can set Windows to search for bluetooth devices...Before you do that make certain your headset is in discoverable mode...Once Windows found it, it will list the profiles that are available...It should become obvious then....

There is a catch though, not all headset support being connected to more than one device. So if you have already paired it with your mobile it may or may not work until you break that connection....That's one of the things that separates the good ones from the cheap and nasty ones...