Question Bluetooth for Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by mfactor1, Oct 7, 2015.

1. mfactor1

mfactor1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi not a total noob but just not sure about this.............

I have a Denon M38 and have it connected to my Sony KDL-50W829 , which I in turn stream to via Chromecast for music from my laptop or tablet (utube and google play)............

The Denon has a USB port , so my thought was to just cut out the middleman so to speak and plug a Bluetooth adaptor into the port and use that to play music direct from my lappy (iTunes)....

But when looking round Amazon there seem to be all sorts, so can anyone direct me to what I need...........

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,490
    The generic USB bluetooth dongle is for host devices that know how to work a bluetooth radio (or can have software installed to tell them how to).

Unless you're Denon says it supports bluetooth dongles then it almost certainly doesn't.

If the USB port is so they your device can act as a client for USB audio (like a USB DAC) then it may be possible. You can certainly get devices that receives audio over bluetooth and output them via other audio connectors like 3.5mm analogue and S/PDIF. Whether there are any of them that'll output to a USB audio client device I'm not sure.

3. mfactor1

mfactor1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Cheers , yep I thought so, no point getting one of the other devices as the tv is doing that job now........

Good reason to upgrade tho , the newer Denon M39 has Bluetooth built in :)