Bluetooth earbuds

rcpilot

Standard Member
Hi not sure where this thread should go but never mind. I bought some bluetooth earbuds and they are pretty good too. I thought ( as I am hard of hearing) that I could use them to listen to the tv (as loud as I like) while her indoors listens via the tv's onboard speakers to whatever level she likes, this would be done via a bluetooth transmitter.
The tv I have is a bush DLED32165HD an old one but serves it's purpose, the headphone jack when used turns the internal speakers off and that cannot be altered the manual is easily observed from the net and shows all the available connections on the tv.
Can The RCA connections be used or do they turn off internal speakers as well, the tv has 2 hdmi sockets can they be used, it has a scart connection, a vga connection, a PC/YPbPr audio connection, 2 hdmi connections, a SPDIFF connection, a side AV connection, a headphone connection, a PC to YPbPr connection, a usb connection, and a CI connection, i can expand the usb port by using a 2 or larger port hub adapter.
I don't know what most of these connections are used for or do, so I need some advice, obviously and probably need to buy some other gadgets to get it to work so all advice is greatly appreciated, I want to keep it as simple as possible, don't want wires etc all over the place etc

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
SPDIF (single RCA) is the only other audio Out on the TV - no mention in the manual of it not working whilst the TV speakers are also active.

You will need some sort of converter/base station - a low cost DAC with SPDIF (on RCA) In and 2 RCA Out will cost around £20.

Joe

rcpilot

Standard Member
Thanks Joe for the reply
So basically what you are saying is that the only solution to my problem is a converter or a base station of the type you mention? and no other solution is possible?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Correct you require some way to convert the Digital Audio Out of the TV to work with the BT headphone transmitter - the rest of the sockets on the TV are Inputs.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom