• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluetooth devices - pairing with more than one phone and vice versa

psychocandy

Standard Member
Got my iphone and use two cards each with a bluetooth speaker handsfree thing.

Separately, I can set up each bluetooth handsfree to pair with my iphone. However, when I go to another car I've got to pair that device again.

Also, my wife has got a bluetooth enabled phone.

What Id like is for my iphone and my wifes phone to automatically use whichever device is available. Is this possible? i.e. for a device to be paired to two phones and for a phone to be paired to two devices.

Maggie

Prominent Member
Thats what we do. My wife, Son and I have iPhones and share two cars. Each of us have paired our phones with both cars bluetooth handsfree kits.

The only issue with bluetooth kits is that, who ever gets in first when the engine is running is the one whose phone pairs to the handsfree, so sometimes you will need to force the car kit to disconnect and connect to the phone needed.

psychocandy

Standard Member
Thats what we do. My wife, Son and I have iPhones and share two cars. Each of us have paired our phones with both cars bluetooth handsfree kits.

The only issue with bluetooth kits is that, who ever gets in first when the engine is running is the one whose phone pairs to the handsfree, so sometimes you will need to force the car kit to disconnect and connect to the phone needed.

Maggie,

Thanks. I wasnt sure whether a bluetooth device could only be paired with one phone.

With my iphone I turn bluetooth off when I'm not using it, so thats not a problem. Seems to use a lot more battery power with it on....

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom