Bluetooth Audio for Samsung TV

BigWinston

Novice Member
Hi All,

I have a Samsung 58" UN58NU6080FXZA (2019) TV hooked up to a Sonos Beam soundbar via HDMI.

My goal is to be able to connect my Bose QC35ii wireless bluetooth headphones to the TV so I can get the full audio effect without waking the kids in the rooms above.

I know the TV has no bluetooth capability. Is it possible for me to add some sort of bluetooth dongle or HDMI>bluetooth splitter/transmitter to achieve this? Or, is it a case of buying a new TV?

Many Thanks,

BW

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Enter “Bluetooth transmitter with optical input” into a Google search and that will show you some (local to you) retailers. This is a UK-based forum.
Use the optical out from your TV into the transmitter.
Be aware there can sometimes be audio delay problems (where the audio may be out of sync with the video) using Bluetooth so buy it from somewhere that has an easy return policy.

notengo13

Hi All,

I have a Samsung 58" UN58NU6080FXZA (2019) TV hooked up to a Sonos Beam soundbar via HDMI.

My goal is to be able to connect my Bose QC35ii wireless bluetooth headphones to the TV so I can get the full audio effect without waking the kids in the rooms above.

I know the TV has no bluetooth capability. Is it possible for me to add some sort of bluetooth dongle or HDMI>bluetooth splitter/transmitter to achieve this? Or, is it a case of buying a new TV?

Many Thanks,

BW
On some models you need to activate Bluetooth in service menu. If you are lucky maybe your TV comes with wifi/Bluetooth module inside and it's just deactivated there. It depends on market's where they sell TVs.
If it doesn't came with wifi/Bluetooth you can check if you can buy one and change it by yourself
Check on web for spares available for your region
Here you have some example page
- Original Samsung Parts & Accessories and Products

BigWinston

Novice Member
I’m a UK expat living in the US, does that count?! :)

I have opted to give the Anker Soundsync A3341 from Amazon a try…. Thanks for the advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom