Bluetooth and hearing aids

lobstesr15

Novice Member
I have an LG a Oled 55b7 tv and Phonak Paradise 90 hearing aids. I have selected the Bluetooth setting on the tv sound settings and my hearing aids are paired . However I hear no sound. Can I adjust things so I can hear tv sound through my hearing aids and my wife can hear sound normally? I know Phonak sell a dedicated tv connector but it’s somewhat pricey.

xWill

I have an LG a Oled 55b7 tv and Phonak Paradise 90 hearing aids. I have selected the Bluetooth setting on the tv sound settings and my hearing aids are paired . However I hear no sound. Can I adjust things so I can hear tv sound through my hearing aids and my wife can hear sound normally? I know Phonak sell a dedicated tv connector but it’s somewhat pricey.
If you manage to get it to work I think you will have issues with latency (lip-sync). This is why the Phonak TV connectors work well as Phonak use the own proprietary Bluetooth Codec to avoid these problems.

When I have tried to pair Phonak Audeo Marvel (previous gen) with my previous LG OLED E6, lip-sync was too much of a problem.

Also without the Phonak TV Connector the battery drain on your hearing aids will be considerably more.

Hope this helps.

lobstesr15

Novice Member
Many thanks for this advice. I was thinking of getting the Phonak TV connector. However I am not sure if the Phonak TV connector would be appreciably better than the sound delivered by optical cable to my sound bar which is the present setup.

xWill

It would all depend on how severe your hearing loss is. The TV Connector obviously just sends the sound directly to your hearing aids meaning you wouldn't need to have the TV volume at an annoyingly loud level for partners or neighbours.

It primarily would help those who have flat screen TV's with poor speakers.

If you have a good sound set up and your wife doesn't think you have the TV too loud / or your hearing loss is relatively mild I don't think the benefit of the Phonak TV Connector would be that great.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom