Question Bluetooth adaptor for wired earbuds?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dr_jon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. dr_jon

dr_jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have some very good wired earbuds, but have had so much grief from Apple's lightning adaptors I've resorted to Bluetooth earbuds (Beats-X). However I do miss the better quality from my Sennheisers and it would be nice to find a small box I could use to convert them into bluetooth earbuds (so audio jack input and a battery inside the unit). I looked but couldn't find anything that made them look like wireless earbuds, has anyone seen anything that might do?

Transmitting the earbud's remote over Bluetooth as well would be a plus, plus microphone support...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    They sound better because they're wired.
    You lose detail in the sound with Bluetooth. Something has to give when you encode then decode the sound.
    Just treat your lightning adaptors properly and they'll last.

3. dr_jon

dr_jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I do treat them carefully but they are still annoying. When I first got my iPhone 7 any movement of the adaptor would hard-crash the phone. It probably took Apple 4 months to sort that out. Even now they get annoying from time-to-time.

Anyway, I'd really like someone to answer my question if they can help, please...