Bluetooth adapter and keyboard connection at system boot

arachnoid

I have an Asus BT500 BT USB adapter plugged into my front panel USB 2.0 port. The panel is linked to the main board by an internal cable provided along with the PC chassis. I'm using an AMD 550M Plus board.

Usually, I leave the computer in sleep mode, and my BT keyboard re-connects on resume. When I cold boot, the keyboard does not connect. I've tried the connect button on the keyboard (Logitech K811) with no success. I have to workaround by plugging in a wired USB cable and going to device manager, uninstall BT500, scan for new hardware, then continue.

How can I get my keyboard to connect at boot time?

next010

Distinguished Member
Does the USB receiver & keyboard work if you plug it into the rear USB ports of the motherboard ?

Also this K811 keyboard is designed for iOS devices and Macs, there is a chance it was never fully tested for use with PC's, there is no mention of windows in any of the documentation on Logitechs site for this product.

Do you have any other BT receiver to test the keyboard with ?

arachnoid

Yes, it works (or not) judt the same in the rear USB ports. I moved it to the front due to the need to reset it when powering off.

That is a good point to raise regarding the product design. I used a proper Mac keyboard on an earlier PC with no issues that I can recall. I might revert to the Logitech BT adapter to see if it makes any difference (I switched to the Asus product because of lag with sound over my BT earbuds) on Windows 10.

jimscreechy

I'm not sure I fully understand. When you say...
When I cold boot, the keyboard does not connect.
Do you mean once the OS has loaded and you have the windows desktop or login prompt, or just at startup when you want to get into the BIOS or use some 'function keys' at startup?

I suppose what I'm asking is once Windows has loaded, are you saying you have to go through the whole connection process again because the exiting connection to your kb is dead?

arachnoid

I'm not sure I fully understand. When you say...

Do you mean once the OS has loaded and you have the windows desktop or login prompt, or just at startup when you want to get into the BIOS or use some 'function keys' at startup?

I suppose what I'm asking is once Windows has loaded, are you saying you have to go through the whole connection process again because the exiting connection to your kb is dead?
Yeah, it's once Windows is loaded and I try to sign in.

jimscreechy

Ok that is a little odd, but there are BT issues with some windows10 installations.

It shouldn't make any difference if your using USB in front or back

I suggest you unpair any BT devices you have, (using the wired kB and mouse) then go computer management/device manager, click on view and 'show hidden devices' then manually remove any 'stray' connections that have hung around for your keyboard, mouse or any other device you have connected. once you have done that, reboot then try adding them again.

KBD

Regarding designed for iOS, that could be the issue.
Recently I tried using an Apple mouse with a PC & had the same issue.
Had to remove the device & reload it every time.

I have a K830 that sometimes won't connect like it should. I turn it off for 3 seconds & back on.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom