Bluesound Node 2i Connection

NM20

Sorry to ask an old question, but I can’t seem
to find an answer after searching through threads.

I have just got a Bluesound Node 2i, I use this for streaming Qobuz via a Arcam SR250. Currently, I am using the analog outputs and an old pair of interconnects. Firstly, it sounds much better than the CCA I was using previously, better bass, more dynamics, I am very impressed.

My question is whether I am connecting in the best way, should I stick with analog or would
optical or coaxial be a better option? I assume using those connections would mean the DAC in my Arcam would be used.

Are there opinions on the best method?

Additionally, when using Qobuz and streaming something at 24bit/192khz, it only shows as HR and not HR+. Should it show as HR+?

Last edited:

nomorelandings

I use both. Analogue RCA out for RP MQA streams and coax out to the TEAC DAC. Both operate simultaneously allowing A/B comparisons for the inquisitive! Much will depend on the DAC in the arcam and personal taste.

NM20

I use both. Analogue RCA out for RP MQA streams and coax out to the TEAC DAC. Both operate simultaneously allowing A/B comparisons for the inquisitive! Much will depend on the DAC in the arcam and personal taste.
Thanks, didn’t know they acted simultaneously, that is good to know.

Cebolla

Radio Paradise's MQA streams have been created specifically for BluOS devices' (MQA centric) hardware, so not really a 'fair' comparison in that specific case, especially given that the TEAC DAC's coax input (or the Arcam's DAC for that matter) doesn't even support MQA.
Is that one of your reason's for creating your recent iFi Pro iDSD Signature DAC query thread?

Last edited:

nomorelandings

Hi
I bought the node specifically for RP MQA In which it excels to my ears as a long term RP fan from 198 mp3, through 320aac and lossless FLac and ALAC. I tried Qobuz out via its own DAC, coax out to the TEAC and via the TEAC as a streamer. Differences are small, but I stick with the latter. Giving tidal a revisit via the free 30 day trial. Jury is out so far! I do like Tidal connect which is only available with the Node.
I am not convinced that there would be an SQ improvement outputting rp MQA out to a topping D90, for example. IFI make big claims re the updated pro iDSD sig. just exploring options as the new TEAC range topper - announced in March -is much delayed worldwide so am a little suspicious.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom