Quantcast

BlueRay on Panasonic TX-32PD30 CRT?

Yetizone

Hi All,

I was about to venture into the world of HD and plunge for a Panasonic BlueRay player, but I've have just found out that my aging Panasonic TX-32PD30 CRT Television cannot be connected to a Blue Ray machine due to not having a HDMI connector.

Is there any way of working around this or is it a case of to be able to watch Blue Ray HD content I'm going to have to plunge for a new TV?

Any help or pointers would be most welcome. :)

Yetizone

Many thanks for the reply (and the welcome). Oh dear - looks like I may be saving up for a new TV then...! :)

Yetizone

Any ideas as to what it could be worth? It cost something like £1100 (gulp! :eek:) when bought new five years ago.

Tight Git

Any ideas as to what it could be worth? It cost something like £1100 (gulp! :eek:) when bought new five years ago.
I'm afraid the answer is "A lot less than you think". :lesson:

CRT's are out of fashion and that particular model weighs a ton.

My 36 incher cost even more and weighs several tons! :devil:

You should still be able to connect it using S-Video and watch the standard definition output of the Blu-ray player in the interrim.

SteveTDCI

I don't use blueray but find the picture when connected by component to be quite good, having said that i'm on the look out for a new screen so my faithfull will be up forsale soon, probably around £120 ...