• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bluedelta 4/4 scart distribution amp

AFC69

Standard Member
Bought and installed one of these today, to allow me to transmit the RGB Sky output signal to two TVs. The picture quality is A1 on both TVs, but sound quality is very poor.

Anybody else got any experience of these devices, and is it only the video that they transmit?

SamRadford

Prominent Member
It should certainly pass the stereo audio at least as well as the video. You should contact your supplier for advice.

AFC69

Standard Member
Have turned the volume right down on the Sky services, setup, sound section, and the distortion is gone. Sorted.

Looks like the sound being inputted to the SmartSCART amp was overamplifying the signal and causing the distortion.

SamRadford

Prominent Member
Ah, well, if you'd told us it was distorted in the first place, the answer would have been obvious....

jeallen01

Established Member
As I said, or at least implied, when I gave AFC69 the solution (in another forum!) this seems to be a common problem with the SmartScart product range.

Could be that the design is such as to ensure that there is always enough amplification to provide audio to the multiple AV outlets and to allow for signal loss in long SCART cables - problem is that there is actually too much gain for most normal applications! Could be a real problem with the audio level of an sound-input source is already high and can't be adjusted down - although I have'nt encountered that problem as yet myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom