Blue wizard

Is there any update on Steve?

Any news anyone? If we hear nothing soon maybe the mods should consider a suitable member status considering how much effort he put into the forum. I appreciate we can't assume the worst but I would hate for Blue wizard to be forgotten without something to reflect the effort and dedication he put into the forum.

Any ideas guys/gals?

Unfortunately there is no more information. @Stuart Wright has tried to contact Steve but to no avail.

I might be wrong and massive massive apologies if I’m mistaken, but I’ve just checked AVS forum, and there looks to be some extremely current activity from him.
I’ll delete this if I’m mistaken or upset anyone but I’ve triple checked, it says 2 hours ago, so i probably need another pair of eyes on it in case I’m wrong.

I might be wrong and massive massive apologies if I’m mistaken, but I’ve just checked AVS forum, and there looks to be some extremely current activity from him.
I’ll delete this if I’m mistaken or upset anyone but I’ve triple checked, it says 2 hours ago, so i probably need another pair of eyes on it in case I’m wrong.
I do hope you are right.

Very last post - also status is online.
I've deleted the link, bit too much information on there. Great for you to find it though and it does look as if he fine. Hopefully he'll visit the Forum in the not too distant future. Again many thanks for finding out that information.

I've deleted the link, bit too much information on there. Great for you to find it though and it does look as if he fine. Hopefully he'll visit the Forum in the not too distant future. Again many thanks for finding out that information.
Thanks for verifying. We can all breathe a sigh of relief I reckon.

Having reviewed that avs thread, it looks like he’s only been back in action about 24 hours - but the thread was pretty unmistakably his style

Wow! Great News that @BlueWizard is alive and kicking.
I can only assume he got fed up giving all that information every time someone new asked the “same” question.
Thanks @jonno73 for your bit Of detective work. :)

I'm happy to hear that BlueWizard appears to be ok. I've never introduced myself but have really enjoyed reading his detailed and knowledgeable posts over the few years I've been getting into HiFI. Hope to see you around here again soon BlueWizard. Best wishes and good health to you.

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised he's not chirped up here tbh. He knew we've been asking after him because the mods etc had being leaving him emails etc..
He's probably had enough of the place.

I dont think we should speculate on why he hasn't been here. I am sure that he will let us know in his own time.

It’s like a member of the family/good friend is missing. I was always amazed at the amount of detail he would put in his posts.

Wow! Great News that @BlueWizard is alive and kicking.
I can only assume he got fed up giving all that information every time someone new asked the “same” question.
Thanks @jonno73 for your bit Of detective work. :)
I've been having Computer problems, multiple consecutive computer problems.

Right now I'm on an old out-dated Win-XP Machine that is barely serviceable.

Nice to know I was appreciated. I will be back soon ... as soon as I can dredge up the energy to spend a few days computer wrestling.

Just spend a week or more plus a few 100 mile trips to get it going, re-installing all my software packages, and then it crapped out again. Just can't face it right now.

I considered just buying a new computer, but I would prabably also have to buy all new software, which could get kind of expensive.

Steve/bluewizard

I've been having Computer problems, multiple consecutive computer problems.

Right now I'm on an old out-dated Win-XP Machine that is barely serviceable.

Nice to know I was appreciated. I will be back soon ... as soon as I can dredge up the energy to spend a few days computer wrestling.

Just spend a week or more plus a few 100 mile trips to get it going, re-installing all my software packages, and then it crapped out again. Just can't face it right now.

I considered just buying a new computer, but I would prabably also have to buy all new software, which could get kind of expensive.

Steve/bluewizard
Nice to hear from you and somewhat relieved. People have been very concerned about you. :thumbsup:

I might be wrong and massive massive apologies if I’m mistaken, but I’ve just checked AVS forum, ...

Yes, I got a notice that someone there (AVSF) responded to one of my older Posts and the restarted an old conversation.

I'm not fully back, but the same thing happened here, I got a notice that someone responded to me, so for this moment I'm back.

Again, computer problems, miserable computer problems. I've been trying to talks myself into tackling it again, but I just spend weeks getting it going, only to have it crap out again.

I'm on my mother's very old Win-XP machine that is hopelessly out of date and slower than a Turtle with a wounded knee.

Give me some time and I'll be back.

Steve/bluewizard

By the way ... I'm way to much of a hermit to catch COVID-19.

:)

The one time in life when it pays to be a computer nerd.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom