Blue tooth m+k?

Synchronicity

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ive finally got my pc linked up to my Z2 properly via dvi and the picture on games is amazing.Unfortunately with my rooms current set up Im unable to take advantage of the 10ft screen due to computer desk,keyboard,etc.

Im considering getting a new blue tooth mouse and keyboard and then transferring to the sofa occasionaly for some serios fps action.Does anyone actually do this now?Are these Bluetooth mouse and keyboards any good?Any performance loss,probs with batteries,recharging,etc?:confused:

Ive seen some decent looking Logitech ones for about £100,veeeerrryy tempting..

Wow,that seems amazingly cheap:eek: I paid 30 quid just for the Logitech dual optical mouse Ive got atm!!

I suspect there would be a serious difference in the performance of that and the Logitech set I was looking at:nono:

The non blue tooth version is only 75 quid,but I think I would need that feature,as Id be using it for the old gaming on the big screen and it would be infuriating if the old infra red started playing up at crucial moments:laugh:

hmmmm,yeah the RF version of that Logitech set up is 75 quid so Id be paying nearly 50 quid extra just for the bluetooth.I think Im gonna have to have a look into what the benefits actually are.Obviously its gonna be quicker but is the 1/1000th of a second or whatever it is really make a difference?:lesson:

If you can get it working with a bluetooth headset for online gaming comms it would be excellent. But not sure how easy that would be. i think there are a few other people using wireless keyboard mouse combos with PC's for gaming so see what they reconmend. I think Messiah might use a similar set up.

Hmmmm,yeah forgot about the headset:( arrggghhh more money again:suicide:

I think blue tooth may definately be the way to go,unless someone advises me to stay well clear,but the headset would have to wait a little while,Ive eben wasting to much money lately :(

So what is the best wireless mouse/keyboard for gaming ? Is the gyration any good from a gaming point of view ?

Cheers

Matt

The best wireless mouse and keyboard for gaming would be the logitech mx!! I have the rf version as the bluetooth version wasnt out when i bought mineand the rersults are outstanding no lag between moving mouse and the movement on the screen which i was led to believe happens with other wireless mouse!! The mx optical is actually better than my logitech dual optical corded i have!!
Does any1 know where i can find the specs that say how far away from the battery charger thingy the keyboard and mouse will work as i want to set up my projector for pc gaming!!!

never mind i found a little review for the rf version (the one i have) and it says

"In my office, its useful range is about three metres from the receiver, which is more than enough for many purposes; you may be able to manage better, if you're somewhere less riddled with radio frequency interference than my computer-infested environs."

Whereas the bluetooth version has a 10 metre range so this may affect your decision!!

Mr Jason B, I cannot recommend the mx duo enough. The mouse is just sublime and unbelievably responsive.
The cheap belkin rf m&k will not compare. There is zero lag and feels the same if not better than any cordless mouse currently available.
The bluetooth version is really a waste unless you plan to be more than 3 metres from your pc. I can't really comment on the keyboard as like a fool I only bought the mouse and am stuck with a corded ms keyboard. :(
If you are a dedicated gamer you will honestly love this mouse. Its the perfect weight and feels great in your hand.

I can't comment on the Bluetooth stuff from personal experience, but I know I've read some bad reviews about the MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

The problems generally revolved around getting everything to everything else, and then having it stay connected.

It's possible the Logitech kit doesn't suffer from these problems, but it's something to be aware of.

I still havent havent got my m+K yet but definately will within the next few weeks.By the sounds of it the RF Logitech package sounds like the 1 go for.

Once Ive got them,Ill just have to get a new proccessor and Ill be sorted,...oh and a new gfx card for the forthcoming DX9 beauties....hmmm,and a bit more memory wouldnt go amiss:suicide:

OK,Ive just ordered my nw Logitech RF mouse and keyboard and need to get some sort of tray type thingy to put them on whilst Im getting down with some big screen pc gaming;)

Ive had a scout for "adjustable bed trays" but havent been able to find anything suitable so if any of you know where I can get something that meets my needs it would be appreciated:smashin:

ive heard that the mx900 (the bluetooth version of the mx700) suffers from lag and thus might not be suitable for fast paced action games..

i dont think that bluetooth is much superior to rf in terms of the amount of bandwidth that a mouse & keyboard need - cant really see the need for bluetooth unless you need a dongle for other devices? (not even sure that it can function as one but it seems like the sole advantage to me over rf if it can)

plus rf is cheaper... seems like the logical solution to go that way to me tbh

Hey guys just read your forum.

Im in the slow process of spending huge amounts of cash on renovating my room to have a BCPCES Bedroom Cinema Personal Computer Entertainment System :laugh:

The first thing I upgraded as my old ones were old and clumbersome was my keyboard and mouse, and beings tho I have the nokia 6600 bluetooth phone I wanted a bluetooth set.

I was content on getting the Microsoft bluetooth desktop but read it was riddled with connection problems on all online pc shops.

I lunged all in for the Logitech DiNovo desktop and its truely delightful £150

Set up is simple and it all worked first time, the feel and looks are amazing, features are endless, I have had no compatibility problems its sweet.

It emphasizes the old saying 'You get what you pay for'

I rate it the best keyboard and mouse on the market, BUY IT!

My mate had a Logitech keyboard and mouse combo (cost him about £100 a year or so ago) and it wasn't up to much cop. The mouse was only single optical, and didn't have the response or accuracy of my dual optical. The keyboard was ok (I have the wired version) but he was always running out of batteries for his mouse.

I take it they have developed since then with rechargeable dual optical mice.

I have no problems with my wired setup though as I play at a desk but I guess they would be a pain to use away from the desk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom