• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blue Tinge on pictures

GaryK26

Established Member
I've started to notice a blue tinge on most (if not all) of my pictures recently. Doing an Auto Color Correction in Elements sorts it out.
Any ideas on why I am getting this?
I am using 2 lenses - the 18-55 kit and Canon EF 75-300.
I am shooting mostly in Program mode and usually let the camera figure everything out (I have also noticed this in other shooting modes)
Attached is an example where the first picture has no pp and the 2nd has Auto Color Correction.

Attachments

• safari1.jpg
    safari1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 48
  • safari2.jpg
    safari2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 40

Peakoverload

Established Member
Certainly looks like the white balance is set to Tungsten which will result on cooler and bluer images if shot under sun light which tends to be around 5600k in the UK for most of the year.

As Liquid101 says you could set your camera to auto white balance however I would suggest that you set it to cloudy. The reason for this is that setting it to cloudy will give warmer colours than auto BUT you need to remember to change your white balance setting when shooting indoors or under artificial light.

Alternatively shoot in RAW and then you can change the temperature after you've take the shot.

GaryK26

Established Member
OMG - You guys are 100% correct - thanks a million.

The fact that you knew what the cause of the prob was just goes to show the level of expertise that can be found on this forum.

Thanks again.
Gary

BTW - I shot a number of pictures in dual format - jpeg/raw for the first time today. I'll have to take a look at the raw side of things.

Tobers

Prominent Member
Good spot by Liquid.

I use RAW+jpeg for the same reason - I can alter white balance later on my PC using the Canon software supplied with the camera. Auto WB usually gets it pretty much spot on, but the ability to tweak it has been v.useful on numerous occasions.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom