1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue streaks on panny pw7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leedebs, May 23, 2005.

1. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Guys,
    Yet more problems with my screen (see previous posts.....awaiting responses from panasonic) :rolleyes:
    Noticed on a few films now that during the start or end credits there appears what I can only describe as pixels of blue streaks that pan out from both sides (if the credits are in the centre of the screen), have tried adjusting contrast & brightness & tbh if I turn down the brightness it goes away, but it makes the image a bit too dark. I have the settings at 1/2 way for everything & normal settings for picture mode & colour temp.
    Films that I have noticed this on:
    Layer Cake opening titles, only slightly noticed this late at night, room very dark.
    Out of Time opening titles the credits are red/orange fading to normal.
    Star Wars noticed this on ..... :confused: er can't remember whether it was AOTC/TPM or ESB.
    Can anyone try these DVD's on their Pannies to see if this is just my model?
    I should add that this does NOT occur on my Sony crt! :mad:
    I should also add I am using the dreaded tuner box connecting via component to AV4 using good quality leads from a Yamaha SL-DV100 dvd player, but even going direct to screen via scart board I see the same effects.

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    A PW7 panel shouldn't be showing these effects if it is not faulty and is properly calibrated. If the brightness setting is incorrect you will get some colour within what should be black and the colour that you see will depend on how far off D65 the greyscale is. Setting the colour temperature accurately to D65 and the brightness to the correct level usually puts this right, but if the panel is faulty it won't.

3. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Played around a bit with the contrast/brightness again.........managed to get a better picture :clap: AND the blue streaks are not as noticeable.....
    Has anyone also noticed that when u adjust contrast on this panel that from the 1/2 way point it seems to go up & then down the scale in brightness eg:
    If 50 is half on the scale then the next notch up would normally increase contrast & be 60, but doesn't & then the next notch does, the next doesn't etc etc. I found a lot of users at the avs forums have the same issues.

Regarding the streaks above..........can someone tries this on those dvd's though? :lease: