1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Streaks - Hi8 to DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by SIP, Nov 4, 2004.

1. SIP

SIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I have a Sony Hi8 camcorder which has worked, and continues to work fine, except when I transfer footage to DVD.
    In the past I have put most of my 8mm & Hi8 recordings onto SVHS. I have no problems when doing this, and have done it for years. Last year I bought myself a DVD recorder, which I am thrilled with, but have a niggly problem when using my camera with it.
    When I connect the camcorder to my Sony TV using an SVHS cable, the picture is fine. When I connect the camcorder to the SVHS machine and dub, it is fine. But when I put the camcorder to the DVD recorder via SVHS or composite I get a blue streak across the top of the picture. This is not a solid band of colour...more like a wash. On my 32" w/s tv, this appears from left to right on the screen, and about 3" in depth from the top.
    When I play an off air SVHS recording through the DVD player, I do not get this. A mate recntly asked me to copy his holiday video from his DV camcorder onto DVD, having no firewire, I used the SVHS feed, and this was OK.
    My thoughts are that the camcorder has a noisy svhs feed, which is only picked up by the DVD, but I cannot be sure. I have no other HI8 player in order to test whether the noise has been recorded onto the tape, or whether it is just a fault on playback.

Any help would be appreciated
    ps. I have posted this before on the DVD Recorder forum, and while lots of people helped, I have not found a solution..........if there is one. :lease: