Blue Screen On PLV-30 While Watching A DVD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by peopleIknow, Jul 5, 2002.

1. peopleIknow

peopleIknow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My PLV-30 is 18 months old, and I recently changed my DVD player for a Toshiba 510. Now while watching DVD's I occasionally get a blue screen for a second or two. When the picture re-appears the projector as lost it's widescreen setting.

It doesn't happen with every film I watch, and as occurred no more than twice during the same film.

Anybody know why this is happening, can it be fixed ?

2. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The progressive blue screen prob on the plv-30's was solved in later models with a firmware upgrade I think, anychance you will need to send it back to the distributors in the uk, can't remember what they are called but your dealer will tell you.

I used the 510 on my eiki sanyo plv-30 clone for a couple of movies and it was fine with prog scan ntsc.

I think someone (chris frost?) posted that it was a firmware prob.

j

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Jonny m is quite right. Early PLV30s flipped out with progressive signals when there were bright flashes in a movie. Fifth Element, Leeloo falling into the taxi was a good example.

Check with your dealer about getting the projector sent away for a firmware upgrade.

Regards

4. peopleIknow

peopleIknow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    1/ This problem is happening with both Region 1 & Region 2 (which is not progressive), so are you sure it the same problem.

2/ As the projector is now 18 months hold, and so out of guarantee will I have to pay for this upgrade & if so how much is it likely to cost

5. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    1. Is it the Tosh then?? Maybe its just your component inputs, anyway a firware upgrade will probably help.

2. As far as I remember - Im sure chris can clarify - isn't the guarantee now 2 years? If it is just 12 months, a firmware flash shouldn't be that expensive.

Best to get in touch with your dealer to sort out.

Good Luck

j