blue screen on hdmi

wonderbar1uk

Standard Member
has anyone encountered this problem,playing and then blue screens then comes back on,connected via hdmi cable to hdmi slot on tele,looking around the forums seems to be a problem with the ps3,done all the updates on it:confused:

Jay

Banned
has anyone encountered this problem,playing and then blue screens then comes back on,connected via hdmi cable to hdmi slot on tele,looking around the forums seems to be a problem with the ps3,done all the updates on it:confused:
What tv are you using? There are a few tv's that have handshake issues which leads to the picture cutting out.

smjxm09

Novice Member
Had a friend who had his PS3 set up for 1080p on a 1080p tele but he then moved the PS3 upstairs to a 1080i tele. The result was a blue screen. Connect a scart and see how the PS3 is set up.

wonderbar1uk

Standard Member
thanks ,ive moved it back into his room now ,it was only a temporary move,but i presume its only the ps3 that does it,havent got a sky hd box or dvd player

The Great Mogul

Standard Member
I've got this very same problem but on the 37 inch version. Can't test any other equipment as the ps3 is the only machine i have which has hdmi.

wonderbar1uk

Standard Member
if anyone has a teco tv with this problem ,this is the e mail reply about this fault
The problem you described can be solved by updating the firmware and EDID code table of your television. This can only be done at our local authorized service partner we have in the UK. The best way to start the fixing process is to call our hotline first on telephone number: 0207 949 0391 (local tariff). The agent will inquire on the problem. The only thing you need to do is clearly explain the problem and you can also refer to this email and my name. At the end of the telephone call you will get the RMA number as reference number for your repair.

The next step is that our ASP will contact you to arrange the appointment for the collection of your television. The ASP will flash the F/W and EDID code table, will test your television and will call you again to arrange an appointment to return your television.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom